28

Li Qin left the room while they were having their heart-to-heart talk and got everyone some food. Everyone ate a little something but no one other than the kids really had an appetite. Wangji clumsily yet happily fed one of his boys while Wuxi fed the other, he watched him fed their son with ease and had to smile to himself, so much to learn and figure out about taking care of his children. By the time everyone was done eating it was getting late so Wuxi and Wangji put the boys on the bed and patted them to sleep. Carmen has remained quiet during this time just watching them, she can't help but smile thinking about how they looked feeding their children together and then when they put the boys to sleep it seemed effortless for them to manage it together as if they had been doing it all along.

When the boys were asleep she motioned them out into the hallway so they could talk, once outside of the room she looked at both of them "We should get the paternity test results back sometime tomorrow, when the results are in I want to go with Wangji to my father and petition him for an engagement contract for the two of you, if you both agree."

Wuxi blushes "Carmen Mom I know what we talked about earlier and all but we don't even really know each other."

She scoffs "Pft, you two have slept together and have three children together, I would say that you know each other enough. My Wangji is the CEO of a very successful architectural engineering firm and the Lan family has a vast fortune. You AXian are a successful concept and fantasy artist and the heir to the Wei fortune. Please let me call Xiao Xingchen and have him put together your asset portfolio so that I can present it and the test results to my father. You two should be together and your babies need their parents, you saw how happy the boys were being near Wangji and they readily called him daddy." She looks pleadingly at Wuxi who couldn't deny her observations.

Wuxi looks at her and then at Wangji "What do you think? I mean are you ready to dive headfirst into the craziness that is my life with three babies already?" he chuckles raising an eyebrow and the gorgeous man in front of him.

Wangji looks at him with a happy and hopeful light in his eyes "I have been looking for you for three years, if you will let me I would be honored to. I love that you gave birth to our children and that they already call me daddy, I love that you are such a wonderful mother and provider for them. I love that you are so sweet and beautiful and you seem wonderful, I would love the opportunity to be a part of your everyday lives." he puts his hands in his pockets and looks at the beauty in front of him, his heart beating faster in anticipation of his answer.

The blush that had been fading comes back full force in Wuxi's cheeks and he smiles shyly "Alright then, I agree, not only for our children's sake but for mine. I have heard wonderful things about you over the years from Carmen Mom and having met and talked with you, I can see she did not exaggerate. I am willing to give this a try and see how it goes, we can get to know each other and our children can get to know you."

He turns to Carmen "Carmen Mom you can call Xiao Xingchen in the morning, he should have all of the information you need readily available, I agree to the engagement." he glances at Wangji and sees him smiling which makes his heart flutter.

She beams at both of them and quietly squeals then grabs them both and hugs them. They both laugh and hug her back, they break the hug and she grins "Alright, I will handle everything with my father, I am going to get out of here for tonight and I will see the both of you in the morning. One of you call me if anything changes with our princess. I have some things I need to do before we go to my father's tomorrow, I will see you both in the morning early. Wangji you might want to think of what you want to say to Grandfather when we see him tomorrow, you know how he is. He will try to push the engagement you already agreed to but having the triplets it will sway him but that doesn't mean that he will agree readily, he may even require another paternity test that he witnesses, you know how stubborn he can be. Try to have a good night and get to know each other better hm?" she kisses them and Wangji offers to take her down to the lobby of the hospital but she declines telling him he needs to stay with his family.