20

Wuxi gets her home, gives her the medication and rocks her until she falls asleep. He had Li Qin check the boys to see if they had a rash and they did as well so it must have been something they ate. They went over what the babies ate that day and what ingredients were used to make it, they set everything aside and once he put AMei down in her crib they went through each item eliminating anything they eat regularly until they had about six items that they either haven't had before or only once or twice.

"Let's keep these items out of their diet for now until they get tested for any type of food allergies. I will take these items with us when we take them to get tested. This way we can rule out any of the items we have here as the culprit." He begins to pack them away in a bag as he talks to her.

She nods "I didn't notice any sort of rash or skin irritation on them when I was bathing them before bed. I think maybe it could have been something they had for dinner, these two things were used to make their food tonight. We have never really used this multi-spice before but I added some to the pumpkin pear mash I made for them, I usually only use cinnamon. This one I used with their veggie mash but I swear I have used it before, not a lot since we don't really season their food but I think I have used it before. Anyway, definitely take these two items with you and let them know that these were used and the rash was noticed afterward."

Wuxi nods "Thanks that might help narrow it down some, go get some rest it's really late and I know we are both tired."

The next week the children are tested and sure enough all three of them are allergic to nutmeg, it's not a common allergy but the doctor said that the allergy is mild. They recommended that they just not give it to them since they are young and the allergy can become worse or disappear as they get older. They removed everything in the house with nutmeg which wasn't much and Wuxi called the bakery that is doing their birthday cupcakes to let them know about the allergy.

A few days before their first birthday party Wuxi gets a call from his twin "Meimei are you ready for the party?" he asks with a smile on his face.

She sounds excited "Yes, my little niece and nephews are turning one, I can't wait to see them with their cakes. But um gege that's sort of why I'm calling, Uncle would like to come, he has assured me that he will be on his best behavior and that Madam Yu will not be anywhere near the party. Gege you should let him come, they will be a year old and he has never met them. He is always asking us to see pictures or videos of them when we come back from your house. He follows them on their social media accounts and any time you go live he watches them and you, he misses you. Let him come gege, he technically didn't do anything wrong, he may have stuck his head in the sand at your circumstances but he was never unkind to you."

Wuxi sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose before finally coming to a decision "Fine he can come but all security staff will be given a photo of Madam Yu and she will not be allowed to come near my children."

She giggles "Yay, oh and can I bring a date?"

His eyes go wide "Since when are you dating someone?"

She grins "Well technically we aren't dating yet because I am not old enough according to him but we met the night we all went to karaoke. He won't date me until after we turn twenty, I'm ok with that since we turn twenty in like two weeks. So can I bring him?"

"Oh yes, you can absolutely bring him, he will have to pass my standards before I let you date him. If I don't like him it's a no go meimei." His voice was stern.

She whines "Gege, don't do this to me, I really like him, he is successful, he's handsome, he is the head of his family and he treats me like I'm a princess."

Wuxi hmphs "We will see about that, bring him and I'll decide if he is good enough to date you. What's his name anyway?'

Without thinking about why he would ask she blurts out "Nie Mingjue, he is head of the Nie Group, he is so perfect gege."