48

Wuxi's head whips towards Fengmian and Madam Yu "What in the hell is he talking about?"

The table is silent as everyone is looking between the Jiangs and Mr. Wen. "I would also like an explanation." States Wangji.

Madam Yu smiles "Your parents signed a contract with the Wen family for you to marry their eldest son Wen Chang."

Wuxi yells "Bullshit! Why haven't I ever been told this before? You would have rubbed it in my face if it would make me miserable or tried to break it if it was too advantageous for me."

She looks offended "Wei Wuxian how dare you talk to me like this, Fengmian go get the contract from the safe, it's with Wuxian and AJia's papers in the blue folder."

Fengmian gets up and goes into the office, he returns a few minutes later with some papers in his hand. He passes them to Huan Su since he is the senior-most family member present. He looks them over then looks at the Jiangs. "I will have these checked but regardless Wei Wuxian will not marry anyone he doesn't want to." He says putting the contract in his inner coat pocket.

Madam Yu is getting angry she looks at him and scowls "You need to give those back Mr. Su."

He raises an eyebrow "Oh? Why is that?"

Her anger rose "Because they are our papers, we have custody of the twins until they either marry or turn twenty-five, we have an obligation to fulfill this contract per their parent's wishes."

He smirks his demeanor calm and serene "The validity of this contract has yet to be ascertained however you are mistaken Mrs. Jiang." he sits in his chair with a calm aura surrounding him.

She hmphs "Oh and what am I mistaken about Mr. Su?"

He smiles "The guardianship of the Wei twins is no longer in your hands."

She stands up so fast her chair turns over "What are you talking about? Of course, they are still under our guardianship."

He pulls out a set of papers and hands them to her "I'm afraid not Mrs. Jiang, here see for yourself."

She snatches them out of his hand and reads through them her face turns red and she sneers "How dare you, after everything we did to raise these brats, cultivating them for good marriages, who in the hell do you think you are?"

He grins "Their grandfather and with the power of attorney of my wife Baoshan Sanren and for right now the sole decision maker for the Wei Heirs. By proxy I have taken over guardianship of Wei Wuxian and Wei Jia Li."

Jia Li gasps "NO! I won't agree. You can't make me leave this house, they are my family, not someone whom I have only met once."

Madam Yu glances at her but her red rage-filled eyes that never truly leave Mr. Su. "So after everything you are just going to snatch them out from underneath us. We put all of our efforts into raising them and this is the thanks we get."

He quirks one side of his mouth "Do you really want me to air out the grievances my grandson endured at your hands in front of Mr. Wen? If you have no objections I would be happy to."

Forgetting he was there she glanced at Wen Chang before shaking her head "No this is a private matter, Mr. Wen it might be best if you go for now until we straighten all of this out."

Mr. Wen laughs "You can't be serious? I will leave if my fiancé leaves with me otherwise I will stay, his business is my business."

Wangji looks at Wen Chang "Actually you don't have any business with him whatsoever, I am the father of his children and his business is my business, he will be marrying me only, regardless of who agrees or not."