8 - Rejuvenation of College Life Routine

She retorted in an equally high tone, "Who are you to stop me? Aren't you aware that my studies are ongoing? The daughters of this family also study in the same institute," then she looked at her sisters-in-law and added, "and in the same year!"

She stormed off to her room without checking anyone's expressions.

Ishaan told his parents, "I don't see anything wrong with her continuing her studies."

Yashwant, Surekha, and Nishikant rolled their eyes. Ishaan also went behind Savi to their room. The breakfast scenario ended with Asmita and Shikha going back to their routine, and Durva and Anvi getting ready for college.

Yashwant told Surekha and Nishikant, "We should not behave the way Ishaan drifts apart from us. He decides to wed Savi and bring her here. We need to figure out smart ways to stop her from going to college and other activities."

Soon, Yashwant's phone rang: it was Education Minister Mr. Sawant calling... He signaled the other two to keep quiet and attended the call.

Education Minister: "Morning Rao Saheb, what are we learning from others? Our Ishaan got married and we did not get a party invite too, not done, man, not done."

Yashwant fake laughed and replied, "Mr. Sawant, what can I say about today's generation? It was a love marriage and we have accepted our daughter-in-law. But we are not stepping back from our tradition. This Sunday we have arranged a grand reception; invites will soon land in your mailboxes."

Then, he seized the chance to ask, "By the way, Mr. Sawant, how's the paperwork for our medical college going? All set for grants and other legal formalities?"

Surekha and Nishikant eagerly watched Rao Saheb's expressions.

___________________________________________________

Ishaan entered the room and saw Savi sitting in the corner of the bed with a downcast face.

Her bag was lying beside her with a few books scattered here and there.

He smiled and asked, "Aren't you getting late now? It's 9:30."

Savi, with a surprised look, responded, "What, I mean what?"

Ishaan joked, "You're asking me what is what? The answer is the same, 'What is the meaning of 'what'?"

Savi got annoyed, "Sir...."

He calmly responded, "Savi..."

...and raised his eyebrows with a dimpled smile on his face. He signaled her to arrange her scattered books in her bag.

She jumped out of joy and hugged him in a moment. "Thank you, Ishaan sir, you don't know I am dying to attend my class. It's been more than a month. I had taken 10 days leave which extended to 32 days, and now is the time."

Ishaan didn't know whether to embrace her back or break free from the tight hug.

He caressed her head and said, "Now you are making me get late."

Savi: "Now what did I do?"

Ishaan: "You haven't carefully checked your timetable for today!"

Savi: "No way! I very well know it's Friday, and at 11:00 AM, I have a lecture on Economics..." she murmurs, "Oh, Economics, meaning Ishaan Sir's lecture."

Ishaan: "So, madam, shall we go? There will be traffic jams too, and I have never been late to college, ever. I also need to take assembly before your 11:00 AM class."

Both nod in acceptance, grab their bags and depart from the room.

To be Continued...