58 - Contrasts & Comforts at Bhosle Mansion

As Savi and Ishaan returned to the Bhosle Mansion, they were met with an unexpected reception. Surekha's demeanor was noticeably cool, her expression tinged with disapproval as she greeted them. However, Asmita Kaku stepped forward with warmth and affection. She welcomed them with a traditional aarti, her eyes sparkling with genuine happiness at their arrival.

She, in her broken English, "Welcome Savi, I hope your experiences were great."

Savi & Ishaan hesitantly look at each other as if caught red-handed, hearing "experience"

Durva makes a face and corrects her mom, "Aai, Examinations not experiences"

Asmita says, 'Yes, that's it, Savi's examinations would have gone well."

All breathe a sigh and gel into routine discussions.

Surekha was unnecessarily fuming and left the hall without saying anything to ISHVI

Despite Surekha's apparent reservations, Asmita's warm reception filled the air with positivity. Savi and Ishaan exchanged a glance, silently acknowledging the contrast in their welcome.

_________________________

After dinner, Ishaan and Savi found solace as they entered their room, the familiar surroundings offering a comforting embrace after the tension of Savi's arrival. Their luggage had already been placed in the room by the servants.

As Savi sank onto the bed with a sigh of relief, she shrugged off her scarf and shook out her kurta to let in some fresh air. Ishaan observed her and remarked, "Is this a new fashion statement? I don't recall seeing you wear a scarf like that before."

Savi tilted her head to show him her neck, revealing the hickeys. Ishaan blushed, attempting to deflect attention by joking, "It's nothing serious, just a few scratches from a ferocious lioness attack."

Savi rolled her eyes at his attempt to downplay the marks, raising her eyebrows inquisitively. Ishaan then lifted his t-shirt to reveal his back covered in scratches, eliciting a playful response from Savi who pelted him with pillows before settling down to sleep, turning her back to him.

In a teasing tone, Ishaan couldn't resist a playful remark, "So, Mrs. Bhosle, are you planning to redecorate the room tonight and don a bridal saree, or should we save that for another day? I wouldn't want you to waste your precious time on unnecessary tasks."

Savi chuckled at his jest, retorting with mock indignation, "Oh, please! As if you don't enjoy my bridal looks and decorating skills. But don't worry, I think we can skip everything tonight. GOOD NIGHT."

With shared laughter, they drifted off into a peaceful sleep, momentarily freed from the tensions of the outside world.

______________________

The next day, the Bhosle Institute of Excellence

The college campus appeared eerily quiet, with most students having departed for their hometowns following the conclusion of exams.

The once bustling corridors now stood deserted, echoing with the faint murmur of staff members engaged in their post-examination tasks.

In the staff room, teachers and administrative staff were hard at work, diligently grading papers and compiling exam results. Tables were strewn with stacks of answer sheets, and the air was filled with the rustle of papers and the click-clack of computer keyboards as staff members entered grades into the system.

Ishaan had a busy day despite exams being over. During Savi's exams, he had taken a leave, so the workload was significant for him. He engaged in discussions with professors, focusing on grading criteria and ensuring consistency across exam papers.

After finishing that, he again got busy with Assistant Professors, who were diligently preparing lesson plans for the upcoming semester, eager to inspire and educate their students once classes resumed.

On the other hand, Nishikant oversaw the administrative staff as they organized logistics for the next academic term. This included scheduling classrooms, arranging faculty meetings, and updating course materials.

Meanwhile, Rao Saheb, Shantanu, and other board members were deeply involved in tasks related to the upcoming medical wing, overseeing planning and implementation strategies for its successful establishment.

To be continued...(Graduation results are out)