45 - Footprints of Love: Tracing the Past, Embracing the Future

Conference room scene in continuation!

As the new Board member approaches, the Bhosle family members (Yashwant Rao, Nishikant, and Ishaan) exchange bewildered glances, their expressions betraying a mix of recognition and disbelief.

It's as though they know him, yet his presence catches them completely off guard.

The Director of the Education Board introduces the new acting member, Mr. Swanand Marathe. He introduces him as an angel investor for Education projects and a seasoned lawyer who has returned from the USA.

The past hits hard on all Bhosles, but they are unable to react.

They just exchanged formal handshakes and acted normally, till the meeting got wrapped up.

10 PM - Bhosle Mansion

The night draped the Bhosle Mansion in a serene veil as Savi sat alone on the balcony, her thoughts drifting to her beloved parents as tomorrow marked their 14th death anniversary.

Ishaan comes and sees her lady in a moodless, smile-less face. He sits next to her, takes her hand in his hands and softly and soothingly takes her name, "Savi." He continues, "What troubles your heart tonight? Did anyone say something to you in college or at home?"

Startled from her reverie, Savi turned to find Ishaan standing beside her, his eyes filled with concern and compassion. With a heavy sigh, she spoke, her voice tinged with sorrow, "Tomorrow... it's my parents' 14th death anniversary. I miss them terribly, Ishaan Sir. The pain never seems to fade, no matter how much time passes."

Ishaan reached out, his hand finding hers in a gentle embrace. "I understand, Savi," he murmured, his voice a steady anchor in the storm of her emotions. "Losing them left a void in your heart that nothing can fill. But remember, their love still surrounds you, guiding you through the darkest of nights."

As Ishaan continued to caress her hair and cup her face, Savi no longer felt shy. They had developed such a level of physical comfort with each other that hugs and pecks had become normal for them.

"Savi," he said softly, "tomorrow is Sunday. What about the preparations for your exams?"

"I'm done with revisions already five times," Savi replied. "I need a complete break tomorrow. I just want to immerse myself in my memories. I spent a little time with my Baba as, for the first six years, I was single-handedly brought up by my Aai. I lost them together before they were apart."

Ishaan: "Honestly, I had come to talk to you regarding my work-related boring talks. But I won't bore you. Get up and let's go out for a ride."

Savi: "At this time? Nooo, I am sleepy."

Ishaan: "Have naps in the car, but please don't say no."

Savi: "Oh no! You are very stubborn, Sir. I will immediately sleep in the car."

Ishaan: "OK Baba, let's go now."

Both settle into his car, and he gently adjusts the seat before putting on soft romantic melodies of Shreya Ghoshal, Savi's favorite singer. 

With a contented sigh, he starts the engine, and the car glides smoothly onto the road, leaving Pune behind.

Savi, nestled into her seat, gradually succumbs to the soothing music and drifts into sleep, her breathing steady and peaceful.

As the first light of dawn begins to filter through the windshield, Savi stirs from her slumber. Blinking sleepily, she feels the comforting pressure of the seat belt across her chest and realizes she's tied up in it. Confusion clouds her drowsy mind as she notices Ishaan's focused expression behind the wheel, his hands steady as he navigates the road with practiced ease, at almost a speed of 100 km/hr.

Startled awake, Savi's voice breaks the silence of the car, "Sir, where are we going this late at night and this fast?"

Ishaan glances at her briefly, his lips curved into a reassuring smile, before returning his attention to the road ahead. "Shhh, it's no longer late at night, it's early morning, and we are just an hour away from where I want to take you today."

Perplexed, Savi rubs her eyes and peers out of the window, her gaze settling on a milestone that reads "Ramtek 50 KMs". The realization of them visiting her maayka for the first time after her wedding slowly dawns on her, accompanied by a mix of curiosity and excitement.

To be Continued... (A day in Ramtek)