11 - Satya Narayan Pooja for Savi & Ishaan

Ishaan and Savi entered the Bhosle house with her bags. Surekha and Nishkant, who were sitting on the sofa, looked at them with unwelcoming expressions. Ishaan called a servant and asked them to take the luggage to his room. He then instructed Savi to retire to her room as he wanted to have a word with Rao Saheb regarding some college-related matters.

After conversing with Rao Saheb, Ishaan entered his room and found Savi sitting blankly in front of her luggage. He asked her, "Were you waiting for me to help you unpack? Let me tell you, I am very bad at it."

Savi replied, "I am not sure where I should keep my belongings. Is it fine if I keep my bags in the corner so they won't bother you on a daily basis?"

Ishaan responded, "Are you mad? Can't you see these wardrobes? Wait." He started arranging a place for her, moving all his suits from the right-hand side cupboard to the left-hand side cupboard. He gestured towards her and showed her the empty space. Savi smiled, and together they arranged her wardrobe.

It was a Saturday morning at the Bhosle house when Surekha knocked on the door of Ishaan's room. Savi opened the door, and they exchanged looks. Surekha scanned through her wet hair, trying to understand if there was 'anything' between Ishaan and Savi.

Savi greeted, "Good morning, Akka Saheb. I was about to come downstairs, and Ishaan sir is in the washroom, getting ready for the day."

Surekha responded without any expression, "I am not here to hear your routine. Tell Ishaan that today both of you are not going to any college. We have a small pooja of Satyanarayan at our house in the evening, and tomorrow night, we have arranged a reception."

Savi becomes angry at her behavior and makes a face behind her back. As soon as Ishaan comes out of the washroom, he goes near the mirror and adjusts his hair. Savi informs him about Akkasaheb's message with an unwelcome expression. He understands her annoyance and places his hands on her shoulders.

"See Savi, I know how difficult and uncomfortable all of this is for you. But believe me, let's do it. Not as husband and wife, but as friends. After all, it's a Satyanarayan pooja, not a Karwachauth vrat," he says, smiling at her.

Savi agrees, showing no expression because she wasn't entirely ready for it. Anvi enters the room with a packet of saree and shirngar, handing it over to Savi.

"This is for you to wear at today's Pooja," she says before leaving the room. Savi and Ishaan stand opposite each other, looking at those items with uncertain faces.

After a few minutes of silence, Ishaan jokes, "I hope you can wear the saree and fix the plates. Don't repeat the mistake you made in Ramtek." Savi retorts, "Don't worry sir, this is Savi Chavan, ekdum kadak. My plates will be perfect without any creases or slips."

IshVi get ready and come down for the pooja. There were very few guests, only close ones were invited. Because a huge chunk of people were expected to attend the reception.

Panditji ties dhaga on both hands and asks them to sit on the Aasana.

As the Satyanarayan pooja commenced, the atmosphere in the room shifted. The scent of incense wafted through the air, mingling with the sound of prayers chanting softly.

Savi and Ishaan exchanged glances, their faces reflecting a mixture of reverence and discomfort. They fumbled through the rituals, occasionally stealing nervous looks at each other when they made mistakes.

Despite their best efforts to maintain composure, moments of awkwardness lingered in the air.

Amidst the flickering flames of the diyas and the gentle strains of the prayers, Savi and Ishaan found themselves drawn into the solemnity of the occasion, their initial discomfort gradually giving way to a sense of unity as they joined the rest of the family in seeking blessings for a prosperous future as per Panditiji's guidance.

However, the real test was on the way - a night of reception.

To be Continued....