23 - Ishaan Finds Savi

Ishaan feels sad for his mother, "Baba...," he pauses for a minute but could not gather the courage to ask him. He continues, "take care, baba," and cuts the call! He gets restless, with sweat all over his face and neck, and goes to the washroom, washing his face with cold water. When he turns around, he sees Savi's kurti hanging on the hanger. He misses her! He thinks of lodging a police complaint. As soon as he takes out his wallet and car keys, he gets hiccups. They get faster, so he takes out water from the jug.

(A small Flashback in the college corridor)

Savi gets hiccups and Ishaan teases her, "Someone close to you must be remembering you. Think of him/her, and it will go away." Savi's hiccups continue, and then he says, "If you can't recall that person, think of an incident which shocks/surprises you."

Savi gets angry, "Sir, I don't believe in all this."

Then Ishaan comes closer, holds her shoulders, and gives an intense look into her eyes. She gets taken aback, and her hiccups stop.

(Flashback ends)

Ishaan receives a check! She must have gone to visit her Isha Mam, and Baba might not be aware of it. He thinks of calling her but then doesn't. Instead, he plans to go there and check. (A kid inside him craves to see his mother). Ishaan's car reaches ISHANU's home.

Parallel track (Savi met Shantanu Sir on the campus and had casual talks where she informs him about Ishaan's business trip, and Shantanu informs her about Isha's health. Then, they depart. After reaching home on time and completing her routine work, she decides to go meet Isha Mam. She doesn't want to create any drama, so she hides it from Surekha and just says that it's personal work and she will be back by night). Savi reaches ISHANU's home and finds her Mam all alone as Shantanu was out for work. She goes and hugs her, puts her hand on her forehead, and exclaims, "Oh Mam, you need rest, you seem to have a high fever."

Isha smiles, "Nothing Savi, now I am better seeing you. You have always been a daughter-like figure in my life. Proudly today I can see a daughter-in-law in you."

Savi looks down and realizes that her Mam is officially her mother-in-law, so what she and Ishaan don't share is an intimate husband-wife relationship! Isha notices her hesitation and pats her shoulder, "Bala, I don't want to get into the nitty-gritty of how you are coping with it, but my mother's heart is at peace and satisfaction, which indicates all will fall into place, and there will be an abundance of happiness and love in your lives. It's my gut feeling."

Savi smiles at her with tears in her eyes and murmurs, "Mam."

Isha puts her finger on Savi's lips, "No, Savi Bala, please call me Aai. I have been yearning to hear this for 22 years of my life."

Savi tearfully and cheerfully calls, "Okay, Aai."

Both laugh.

Isha asks, "Savi, you should go home now. Ishu must be worried about you."

Savi replies, "No, Mam. Sir is out, and I'm not sure when he will return. I cannot even call him because my phone battery died in the evening, and I forgot to charge it. First of all, I want to cook something for you, so you and Sir, ah sorry, Baba, can have a home-cooked, well-cooked dinner."

Isha sits on the chair and signals for her to sit beside her, "Shantanu is a very good cook. He has already prepared Zunka Bhakhri and Vange ki Sabji. I suggest you also have food with us. Let me make a sheera. It's your first visit after becoming Mrs. Savi Ishaan Bhosle."

She exclaims, "Savi, I have so many dreams and wishes for both of you, and I want to do so much for both of you, but our dynamics are not usual. Please allow me to serve you at least with a meal?"

A knock happens at the door. Both turn and see Ishaan standing there, probably having heard their conversation!

To be Continued... (ISHVI dinner date at ISHANU home, Ishaan gifts dupatta to Savi)