51 - Emotional & Practical Protective Measures

Continuation of Savi's Assignment Completion Scene:

Ishaan looking at her proudly, "So my wifey has once again proved that she can do anything and everything."

He offers her a cup of tea, sips his coffee, and puts upma on the table, feeding the first spoon to her.

Savi lovingly smiles at him listening to her praises from him and enjoying his pampering.

______________________________

Savi successfully submits her assignments, and both return home in the evening. She feels relaxed knowing she did her job well, but tiredness creeps in from waking up early and a hectic day.

She sits on the swing, starting a gentle sway, and closes her eyes for a moment. Suddenly, she feels a tickle in her underarms and laughs. It's none other than Ishaan.

Both do chit-chat for an hour and then Ishaan makes a serious face. Ishaan thinks something and says: 'Savi, I feel till your exams you need to better take care of your file, folder, and time management. I don't want any single obstacle to touch you. In case you feel, you get distracted here, you may shift to Aai Baba's home until you are done with exams."

"I don't want to hide anything but your papers were misplaced by Durva. I don't want any kalesh for any of you during your exams so finding a better way to tackle it."

Savi, in a slightly unconvinced tone, questions, "Sir, so you want me to run away and not punish the culprits?"

Ishaan, looking into her eyes, responds, "No, not at all! Don't misunderstand me. I'm not suggesting you avoid facing challenges. It's about prioritizing and handling issues as they come, not reacting with the same intensity to every problem at once."

Savi still looks skeptical and moves away from him, removing his hands from her shoulders to show her frustration. She crosses her arms, a sign of her inner conflict.

Ishaan smiles at her reaction, teasingly adding, "You're just a kid to me! I may still be a virgin, but already you've made me feel like a daddy."

Savi manages a small smile but maintains her poker face. She rolls her eyes playfully at his comment, indicating her amusement despite her initial annoyance.

Ishaan continues more seriously, "Okay, well, the fact is, I don't want you and Durva staying in the same house during exams. If anything were to happen, the family might side with her, which could affect you mentally. I just want to protect you from any potential harm."

He reaches out and gently takes Savi's hands in his own, noticing her tension. "Savi, I understand this might seem drastic, but think of it as a temporary measure to ensure you can focus entirely on your exams without any distractions. Your exams are crucial, and I want you to have the best possible environment to succeed."

Savi hesitates, uncertainty flickering in her eyes. "But what about the family, especially RS and AS? Won't it be difficult for you if I'm not here?"

Ishaan smiles reassuringly. "Of course, it will be tough for me too. But our relationship is strong, Savi. We've faced challenges together before, and we've always emerged stronger. This is just another hurdle we need to overcome."

Savi nods affirmatively and leans her head on his shoulders, feeling reassured by his words. She relaxes slightly, a small sigh escaping her lips.

Ishaan takes out his phone from his pocket and dials. "Aai."

Isha's mother, seeing Ishu's picture and name on her phone, excitedly answers, "Yes, Ishu bala, how are you, beta? How is my bahu doing?"

Ishaan, with a slight pause, responds, "Aai, she is doing well, and we are okay. Remember when we had dinner at your place, you had requested Savi to stay with you during exams?" (Reference: Epi-24)

Isha, a mother's intuition kicking in, immediately understands what he is suggesting. She smiles and twirls the chain around her neck with her left hand. "Yes, Bala. So when are you coming to drop her off? Or should your Baba take care of it?"

With a sigh of relief, Ishaan responds, "Aai, we'll be there tomorrow morning."

After exchanging goodnight wishes, they end the call.

IshVI looks at each other with a mixture of relief for a secure study environment and a twinge of sadness at not being together 24/7. They share a silent understanding, knowing that their bond will only grow stronger through this temporary separation.

They both head to bed; he helps her to sleep, covers her with a blanket, and then wraps himself in the same blanket, protectively holding her in his arms. She adjusts her head in his chest, feeling safe and loved.

To be continued... (ISHVI nok jhok in ISHANU home)