7 - A start of Normal life post-marriage? Or a calm before the storm?

Ishaan woke up with a sore neck from a poorly positioned pillow. Savi, upon seeing his discomfort, tries to comfort him. 

He reassures her, saying, "It's okay, Savi, your hand needs more attention than my head."

Despite his protest, Savi insists and retrieves a pain relief spray from the drawer. She moves closer to him and gently massages his neck, applying the spray. 

In the process, her hair brushes against his chin, momentarily distracting them both.

Clearing his throat, Ishaan suggests, "Savi, feel free to get ready. I'll freshen up in the guest room. Take your time. I'll meet you at the breakfast table." 

He gathers his clothes and towel from the cupboard, then exits the room, sliding the door closed behind him.

Savi watches the door close, then notices the bathroom to her right. With a sigh of relief, she murmurs to herself, "Finally, some alone time." 

She retrieves her clothes from her bag and enters the bathroom.

Inside, she's impressed by the cozy and luxurious setup, complete with a couple's bathtub, a large designer mirror, and a selection of shampoos and body washes. However, her excitement falters when she realizes she'll have to use men's shampoo.

After getting ready, Savi heads downstairs. She looks around but doesn't see her husband. 

Asmita notices her and calls out, "Come, Savi, take your seat. How are you feeling?" Savi then notices Surekha, who appears to be seething with anger.

Savi hesitantly steps in and sits at the last, keeping two chairs empty. She felt nervous looking at the faces of Ishaan Sir's family, she was confused are they angry? Are they unhappy? Will they call me? Should I greet them morning?

One by one, she stares at everyone sitting at the dining table with mugs of coffee and slices of bread butter, poha on the serving plates.

Yashwant, the head of the family, Ishaan Sir's Rao Saheb, looked serious. Surekha, Akka Saheb, his wife, was busy in the kitchen checking everything had come out at the table, looking angry.

Savi's sisters-in-law, Durva and Anvi, exchanged doubtful looks on seeing their colleague whom they called gawaar sitting next to them. Uncle Nishikant was quiet but seemed to disapprove her presence.

The environment felt heavy for her. Savi felt like she didn't belong there. The tension was heavy, and she wished for acceptance from her new family.

Then, Ishaan came in. His presence changed everything. He greeted everyone warmly and sat beside Savi, showing his support to her.

Ishaan spoke calmly but firmly, saying that Savi was now part of the family and deserved love and respect.

His words made the room quiet. Yashwant softened a bit, and Surekha looked at Ishaan with caution. 

Savi felt thankful for Ishaan's support. She knew they would face challenges together.

As they continued breakfast, the atmosphere lightened, promising a better future for Savi and Ishaan with their family's support.

Nobody uttered any word and everyone finished their breakfast with a pin-drop silence.

Savi spoke up, "Sir, it's nearly 9 AM. According to today's timetable, my first lecture is at 11 AM. I need to hurry to college."

Surekha erupted, her voice rising sharply, "Who do you think you are, deciding when and where you'll go? Wasn't the tomato incident enough for you? How can you even consider returning to that place and causing another problem?"

Savi angrily stood up...(To be continued)