18 - Yashwant's Plan to Separate IshVi

Next day, early morning at Bhosle Mansion:

The family was still reeling from the events of the previous night. Though Isha and Shantanu had left, Yashwant and Surekha were gripped by immense fear—Yashwant feared losing Ishaan, while Surekha worried about Shantanu bringing Isha back forever. On top of it all, Ishaan's growing fondness for Savi was becoming increasingly apparent. It wasn't love, but something very special and obvious.

Yashwant, envious of the bond between Savi and Ishaan, devised a cunning plan to drive a wedge between them. He approached Ishaan with a proposal for a new medical college angel funding round that required his expertise, knowing it would take him away from the town for an extended period. With honeyed words and false promises, Yashwant succeeded in persuading Ishaan to accept the project, unaware of the ulterior motive behind the offer.

Yashwant: "Ishaan, my son, I have an exciting opportunity for you. This medical project is a dream of mine, one that will uplift the careers of many students and enhance our reputation in the education field. We are planning an Angel funding round, for which presentations will require your exceptional skills and leadership. It will take you to new heights, both professionally and personally. But it requires your undivided attention and expertise. You'll have to leave town for a while, but trust me, it will be worth it."

Ishaan, thinking not of the project but of Savi, pauses, considering the offer. "I see... It sounds like an intriguing opportunity. But what about my responsibilities here?"

Yashwant: "Don't worry about that, Ishaan. I'll take care of everything in your absence. Think of it as a chance for you to spread your wings and soar to new heights."

Ishaan: nodding thoughtfully "Very well, Rao Saheb. I'll do it."

Yashwant: smirking "Of course, my friend. You can count on me."

However, as he exits his room, Ishaan ponders how best to handle this situation without leaving Savi alone. He enters Savi's room and finds her sitting in a chair, legs stretched out on the bed, immersed in her books. He smiles at her dedication to her studies despite the chaos of the previous night.

He addresses her lovingly, "Savi, I need a few minutes of your time."

Savi, upon hearing Ishaan's words, sits up straight, adjusts her kurti, and says, "Yes, Ishaan Sir, please."

Ishaan briefly explains the situation, "You will be alone here for a week, without me," he says, then sensing a different meaning, hesitates, "I mean, this environment is still new to you, and people are still somewhat unfamiliar to you."

He takes a seat beside her in another chair, takes her hand in his, and makes a heartfelt plea. "I wish to take you with me," he urges, his eyes reflecting genuine concern. "This new place may not be as welcoming, and I fear for your comfort without my support. Come with me for a week, just until you find your footing."

Savi hesitates, torn between Ishaan's proposal and her responsibilities at college. "I appreciate your concern, Ishaan Sir," she replies, her voice tinged with regret. "But I cannot leave my studies. I will manage here on my own, as I always have. I wish you all the best Sir, and if there is anything, I have Ishamam." She notices the change in Ishaan's facial expressions upon hearing his mother's name, but cannot understand its significance.

"Also, Sir, I am the secretary of the Cultural Events Committee at Bhosle Institute, and we have a planned Holi event tomorrow. I need to take care of many things; I simply can't think of bunking college."

Ishaan's eyebrows raise, and a smile appears at the corner of his lips upon hearing about the upcoming Holi event. He gets an idea of how to handle the investor's meeting without leaving Savi alone.

To be continued... (Upcoming: IshVi Holi at Bhosle Institute)