22 - Savi Goes Missing

The flight from Delhi to Mumbai felt longer than usual for Ishaan. The meeting with the board members had not gone as smoothly as he had hoped, leaving him with a weighty burden to resolve upon his return. As the aircraft descended, Ishaan glanced out the window at the sprawling city below. Mumbai, with its bustling streets and towering skyscrapers, never failed to overwhelm him. Today, however, his thoughts were elsewhere, buried under layers of apprehension and stress.

With a heavy heart, he collected his luggage and made his way through the crowded airport, his steps hurried yet weighed down by the burdens of his responsibilities.

Finally, Ishaan stepped into his home, greeted by the familiar warmth of his family. Yashwant Rao's hearty laugh and Surekha's comforting embrace momentarily eased the tension gripping his mind.

He reached his room and scanned it thoroughly; his heart sank.

"Savi," he called out, his voice tinged with concern. But there was no reply.

His wife, Savi, was nowhere to be seen.

He came out to the hall and checked with family members.

"Where's Savi?" Ishaan asked, trying to conceal the worry creeping into his voice.

Yashwant Rao exchanged a glance with Surekha, his expression betraying a hint of concern. "She's not here, Ishaan. She left a while ago."

Ishaan's brow furrowed in confusion. "Left? Where did she go? Is everything alright?"

Surekha sighed, her features etched with a mixture of frustration and apprehension. "She didn't say much, just mentioned needing some time alone. Said she'd be back soon."

Ishaan's mind raced with questions, but he pushed them aside, focusing on the immediate concern. "Did she mention where she was going?"

Rao Saheb shook his head. "No, she didn't say. But Ishaan, don't worry too much; focus on your work. She'll be back whenever she has to."

Despite Rao Saheb's attempts to reassure him, a gnawing sense of unease settled in Ishaan's chest. Savi's sudden departure added another layer of worry to his already burdened mind.

He returned to his room and dialed her number. The phone rang without being picked up. He thought of checking with her friends.

One by one, he called Kajal, Navya, Preeti - but all gave him the same reply: she left college, and then there was no communication. At last, he rang up Shuklaji, who informed him that Savi madam was last seen in the college ground with Shantanu Sir.

His mind immediately gave him an answer, so she could be at Baba's home?

He heard the tingle of the clock, 7 PM.

He called up Shantanu, "Baba.....!"

Shantanu heard his silence, "Beta Ishaan, How was your trip? I think you would have called up to check on Savi? I met her today noon on the campus after the classes were over, and she informed me that you were out for work."

Ishaan: "Yes, Baba, things aren't moving ahead somehow."

Shantanu, again understanding his burst behind the words, "What happened, Beta? If it's related to work, I am sure you will solve it, and if it's related to personal matters, I am double sure together you will overcome it."

Ishaan: "Baba, Savi went outside somewhere after returning from college, and her phone isn't reachable. I thought she must have come to visit you and..."

Shantanu: "Ishaan, I am out at the medical store; your aai isn't well. I don't know the whereabouts of Savi."

Ishaan gets lost for a minute with no answer from his side. His stress of missing Savi gets double fold on hearing his aai's unwell health!

To be Continued (Ishaan searches for Savi and IshVi Dinner night at ISHANU home)