14 - A Night of Reception

Hand in hand, Ishaan & Savi descended the staircase, their hearts pounding in unison with the rhythm of the music.

The soft glow of the spotlight seemed to illuminate them, casting a radiant aura around the couple.

As they reached the stage, Rao Saheb and Surekha joined them, standing proudly by their side.

Rao Saheb took hold of the microphone, his voice resonating through the hall as he introduced Savi as the newest addition to their family, Mrs. Savi Ishaan Bhosle.

The room erupted into applause, a mixture of excitement and curiosity filling the air.

However, amidst the applause, murmurs rippled through the crowd, a mix of disbelief and skepticism tainting the joyous atmosphere.

Some guests couldn't help but voice their doubts, questioning the unconventional nature of Ishaan and Savi's relationship.

"Isn't she the student? How can a professor and a student have a love marriage?" whispered one guest, casting judgmental glances at the couple.

But amidst the whispers of doubt, there were also those who embraced the couple's love story with open arms. They saw beyond the surface, recognizing the depth of connection shared between Ishaan and Savi.

"Good to see the Bhosle's youngest daughter-in-law pursuing her career," murmured another guest, a hint of admiration in their voice. "She looks perfect for Ishaan. Perhaps he'll finally find the TRUE LOVE he's been missing for two decades."

As the conflicting voices swirled around them, Ishaan and Savi stood unfazed, their eyes locked on each other, drawing strength from the unwavering bond they shared.

Meanwhile, the reception continued to unfold, reaching its peak as the towering wedding cake was brought onto the stage, signaling the beginning of a new chapter in Ishaan and Savi's journey together.

The couple cuts the cake, and feeds each other and the family members.

With the cake cut and shared among family members, the atmosphere in the room buzzed with joy and laughter. Guests lined up to offer their congratulations and blessings to the newlyweds, their smiles reflecting the warmth of the occasion.

As the Education Ministers, Bhosle Institute staff, and friends and family members took turns greeting the couple on stage, the excitement in the room reached its peak.

Suddenly, Prateek, known for his spontaneity, seized the opportunity to add an unexpected twist to the festivities. Taking hold of the microphone, he announced with a mischievous grin, "Aaj mere yaar ki shaadi ki party hai, dance toh banta hai!"

The crowd erupted into cheers and applause, urging Ishaan and Savi to grace the dance floor with their presence. But the couple hesitated, exchanging a glance filled with uncertainty.

Undeterred, Prateek and Anvi, their closest ones, took matters into their own hands. With playful insistence, they grabbed hold of Ishaan and Savi's arms, pulling them gently but firmly towards the dance floor.

Prateek, now fully in charge, commanded the orchestra to play the most beautiful couple song. Anvi, her eyes sparkling with mischief, turned to Savi, pleading with her to join Ishaan for a dance.

Savi hesitated for a moment, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment, but Anvi's infectious enthusiasm was hard to resist. With a shy smile, she finally relented, allowing herself to be led onto the dance floor by Ishaan's outstretched hand.

And as the music began to play, enveloping them in its enchanting melody, Ishaan and Savi found themselves lost in the magic of the moment, their hearts beating as one as they danced together for the first time as husband and wife.

The song plays:

Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaaye, Jab Koi Mushkil Pad Jaaye, Tum Dena Saath Mera, O Humnawaaz

Ishaan & Savi, with hands clasped tightly together, took their first step onto the dance floor, the lyrics of the song evoking memories and flashbacks that tugged at their hearts.

Naa Koi Hai Na Koi Tha Zindage Mein Tumhaare Siva, Tum Dena Saath Mera, O Humnawaaz

The lyrics bring Savi's flashbacks, how her Badi ajji used to beat her and how she was all alone despite a family & how Ishaan helped her in Ramtek and consoled her

Ho Chaandni Jab Tak, Raat Deta Hai Har Koi Saath, Tum Magar Andheron Mein, Na Chhodna Mera Haath

Ishaan gets flashes of how Savi attempted for him and Isha to come closer through the fest performance.

Wafadaari Ki Vo Rasmein, Nibhayenge Hum Tum Kasmein, Ek Bhi Saans Zindagi Ki, Jab Tak Ho Apne Bas Mein

Both remember their wedding and how it was rushed yet planned by God, how Ishaan saved Savi in the jungle and how he brought her at his home. Ishaan remembers the soft moments spent with Savi in the last few days

Dil Ko Mere Hua Yakeen, Hum Pehle Bhi Mile Kahin, Silsila Ye Sadiyon Ka, Koi Aaj Ki Baat Nahin

Both remember the initial days of their interactions; how they had slipped on the wet floor during Ganesh festival, got locked in hostel room, how she was saved from goons witha fight dance and how he had helped her untangled light series! Those moments were not just accidental meets,well-planned divine interventions providing hints of them going to be together forever!

With each step, they wove their past into their present, their movements reflecting the depth of their love and commitment to each other.

And as the song reached its crescendo, they found themselves standing face to face, their hearts beating as one.

The lights flickered on, illuminating the room as applause filled the air. Ishaan and Savi stood together, their arms wrapped around each other, his hands on her waist and her hands on his chest, a silent acknowledgment of the journey they had undertaken and the unspoken connection that bound them together.

To be continued...

(Coming Soon: The reception party before it is over, gets interrupted when Surekha spots Isha & Shantanu stepping in. )