41 - Savi Confronts Ishaan

At Bhosle Mansion, Shikha and Asmita were preparing breakfast for everyone. Anvi and Durva entered the kitchen to see what was cooking.

They found Shikha deftly flipping Aloo Parathas while Asmita tended to the steaming pot of Upma. Anvi's eyes sparkled with delight at the sight of her favorite breakfast fare, while Durva wrinkled her nose in disdain.

"Bland food, as usual," Durva muttered with a dismissive wave of her hand. "Who eats such boring stuff in the morning? Send me cereals in my room,"

Shikha felt insulted because it was her idea to come up with this menu. Anvi hugged her, saying, "Shikha Vahini, not one but make two parathas for me. The aroma is yummy."

Shikha cheered up, while Asmita watched their bond lovingly, cursing herself for Durva's wrong upbringing. She made a mental note to have a heart-to-heart conversation with Durva later, hoping to instill in her the importance of empathy and kindness.

________________________

As everyone gathered around the dining table, Rao Saheb announced the long-awaited news. "We have finally received all approvals from the Board, including funds allowance," he declared proudly, prompting cheers and applause from the assembled family members.

However, Rao Saheb's jubilant expression faltered slightly as he addressed Ishaan. "There's one minor issue to discuss, Ishaan. Please spare some time for a meeting with the board today between 11 AM to 1 PM," he requested, a hint of concern creasing his brow.

Ishaan responded with a reassuring smile, though inwardly, he felt a pang of anxiety at the thought of facing the board amidst the turmoil of his personal life.

His phone buzzed with a text message from Savi, further intensifying his unease. "Ishaan Sir, what was that letter? Are you for real? I don't even know how to react. I'll come to your cabin around 12 PM," the message read, sending a wave of apprehension coursing through Ishaan's veins.

Ishaan felt tense. How would Savi react? How extremely she would be hurt? How extremely she would be angry? How would he manage the board meeting and meeting with Savi around the same time?

He pushed back his chair with a little too much force, his hands trembling slightly as he reached for his belongings. He left the breakfast table and left for the college soon after.

__________________________________-

Arriving at the college, Ishaan's steps were brisk, his shoulders tense with anticipation. His gaze darted around anxiously, searching for any sign of Savi's presence. He met Shuklaji and requested him to book the conference room between 11 to 1 for the board meeting. He indirectly asked him to keep Savi busy until then as he wanted to meet her after 1.

_________________________

Savi arrived at the college. Her face was straight and her walk was determined. Today, she had a silent but steady expression. Shuklaji informed her, as instructed by Ishaan, "Chavan, I need your help around 12 PM. I have some bank accounts to be opened. Can you help me understand the formalities and required documents? We can sit in the canteen and have a talk."

Savi thought to herself, "I asked Ishaan sir to meet around the same time," but then reluctantly agreed to meet Shuklaji first. She furrowed her brows in contemplation, muttering under her breath, "Chidkiya deserves to wait longer."

As the clock struck 1:10, Savi and Shuklaji wrapped up their work. Savi flashed a grateful smile at Shuklaji, expressing her appreciation for his assistance. With a nod of acknowledgment, Shuklaji bid her adieu, and Savi reciprocated the gesture, offering a polite farewell before making her way toward Ishaan's cabin.

______________________-

Savi enters his cabin with a solemn expression, prompting Ishaan to glance at her hesitantly. His face wears a mixture of emotions—a sad, fearful puppy-like expression, knowing she has learned the truth, yet also tinged with a hint of happiness and contentment at her proximity.

Noticing her attire—a sleeveless kurta in his favorite color, blue, with long earrings and a delicate white bracelet adding elegance, and white sandals completing her look—despite his stoic expression, he was captivated by her radiant appearance and couldn't help but steal admiring glances at her.

Savi places her bag on his table before settling on the sofa opposite his chair.

She explodes, 'How dare you write me a letter? Don't you have the courage to stand in front of me and confront me?'

Ishaan's heart sinks as he observes her anger. He feels a wave of confusion and fear wash over him.

She continues further, "'I am very angry with you and don't wish to talk to you at all. I'm never coming back to your house, and once I complete my studies, I'll leave Pune and your Aai/Baba's home too."

Her angry tone gradually softens into one filled with tears.

"I have so many questions and concerns, but I am unable to utter a word now", As tears threaten to spill from her eyes, she finds herself unable to voice a single word in the face of her overwhelming turmoil. With a heavy heart, she turns away from Ishaan's cabin, her steps heavy and uncertain.

To be Continued...(Rain, Thunderstorms, Dark weather, and them confronting and confessing)