50 - Assignment Submission Day

Continuation of library scene:

Ayush winces in pain as he turns to see who has intervened, his eyes widening in shock at the unexpected sight.

And there, standing behind him with a fierce glint in their eyes is none other than Ishaan, Savi's husband and the Director of the college.

Ishaan's voice is low and menacing as he addresses Ayush, his grip tightening on his wrist.

Ishaan: "I suggest you think twice before raising your hand to my wife again, Ayush. She is also your colleague! And this college has never tolerated any violence! You wouldn't want to face the consequences."

Ayush stammers incoherently, his face pale with fear as he struggles to find his words.

Ayush: "I-I didn't mean to... It was just... She..."

But Ishaan cuts him off with a sharp glare, his expression leaving no room for argument.

Ishaan: "Save your excuses for someone who cares, Ayush. Consider this your warning."

With that, Ishaan releases Ayush's wrist and turns his attention to Durva, his gaze cold and unforgiving.

Ishaan: "And you, Durva. I won't tolerate this kind of behavior towards my wife or any other student in this college. Is that clear?"

Durva nods hastily, her eyes wide with apprehension as she realizes the gravity of the situation.

Durva: "Y-yes, sir. I understand."

Ishaan's demeanor softens slightly as he looks toward Savi, concern etched on his features.

Ishaan: "Are you alright, Savi? Did they hurt you?"

Savi nods, her eyes brimming with gratitude as she reaches out to clasp Ishaan's hand.

Savi: "I'm fine, Ishaan Sir. Thank you for intervening."

Ishaan squeezes her hand reassuringly, a flicker of pride in his eyes as he looks at his wife.

Ishaan: "Always, Savi. Always. Now you have no choice but have lunch with me, come to my cabin. I hope you are on track with assignments completion, tomorrow is the day of submission"

She nods positively and walks along with him towards his cabin.

_____________________________

The next day, in IshVI Bedroom - Early Morning

Savi's alarm rings at 4:30.

She opens her eyes and finds herself in the embrace of her husband, who is deeply asleep. She shifts slightly and gently untangles Ishaan's arms, which are tightly wrapped around her waist, in order to get up.

(Reader's Note: Following the comfort they had shared at Ramtek, the practice of using a pillow wall has been permanently discontinued. They now sleep embracing each other without any barrier between them, with mutual consent to reserve their intimacy for a later date once she completes her exams.)

She places her pillow between his arms so that his posture does not get disturbed and rises from bed without disturbing him.

Half an hour later, she emerges refreshed from the washroom and settles at her study table beneath the glow of the table lamp. She begins organizing papers and completing her pending writing tasks.

She files all the papers and finds some of the important ones missing, which she had prepared the night before.

Savi rushes around the house, her footsteps echoing in the empty hallway as she searches for her missing notes. She checks the living room, the kitchen, and even the bedroom cupboards, but they're nowhere to be found.

SAVI (under her breath): Where are they? I swear I left them right here...

Just as panic begins to set in, Savi hears a faint rustling sound coming from the study. She follows the noise and finds her notes lying on the desk, scattered and disorganized.

SAVI (relieved): There you are!

But as Savi reaches for her notes, she realizes that something is wrong. The pages are crumpled, the ink smudged, and some of the important diagrams are missing.

SAVI (frantically): No, no, no! This can't be happening!

Suddenly someone taps her shoulders, she turns around quickly and breathes a sigh

"Ishaan Sir, you? At this time? Here in the study? What happened?"

Ishaan: "please please please, pause and relax. Yes, I am here in the study at this time just because you are here in the study at this time!" He speaks in rhyming style to calm her down.

She moves him aside and sits on the chair with a pale down face.

He asks, "What happened, now can you tell me please?"

She showed the spoiled file and he sees it and understands that her assignment is not in the shape to get submitted unless she sits and rewrites it entirely.

He thinks, "Who would have done this?" He shuffles books and papers lying here and there and finds Durva's ID card there. He instantly makes two and two four that none other than her would have done this stupid mischief to revenge Savi on the canteen's incident.

Savi's attention was purely on spoiled papers so she missed Ishaan finding Durva's ID card. Ishaan also thinks not to trigger her for now. So he keeps it aside and walks towards her, "Savi, there are still 4 hours, I hope you can surely do it again. One favor I can do is to rearrange the schedule and switch the submission time frame with the last lecture, but make sure you complete it."

Her face lits up, determined not to let any obstacle stand in her way, Savi takes a deep breath and starts to piece together what remains of her notes.

SAVI: Sure Sir, I can do this. I've faced worse challenges before, and I've always come out stronger on the other side. This is nothing then, I shall start now and complete it before its due time and will come to college later only.

With renewed determination, she gathers her papers and heads to their room, ready to tackle the challenge ahead. As she settles into her work in the quiet of their room, she can't help but reflect on how fortunate she is to have Ishaan Sir by her side.

Hours pass, and with Ishaan's encouragement echoing in her mind, Savi meticulously reconstructs her assignment, pouring her focus and energy into every word and diagram. Finally, as the sun begins to rise outside their window, she finishes the last page, a sense of accomplishment washing over her.

Emerging from their room, Savi finds Ishaan waiting for her with a proud smile with a cup of tea/coffee, and a plate of breakfast.

"You did it," he says, enveloping her in a forehead kiss.

Savi returns the gesture, feeling grateful for his unwavering belief in her. "We did it," she corrects him, knowing that she couldn't have done it without him by her side.

To be continued... (Ishaan shifts Savi to ISHANU house)