Gattina

Hours had gone by and no one ever came back to the door. So that means Lorenzo definitely lost. I was sad though because Sienna was gone too now.

The music and people downstairs had even silenced over the last couple of minutes. I could hear doors outside slamming shut and then cars speeding away. It must have been some party.

Sleep...still not on my to do list.

It was a necessity though. Or was it? I'm going to die anyway.

The bedroom door swung open faster than I could process what was happening. Some new guy walked in, and it wasn't Angelo. He had the same scary, criminal aura to him though.

"It's time to go, gattina," oh he had a really strong Italian accent. "Don't wanna keep the boss waiting, do we?" He said while coming over to the four poster bed and swiftly cutting through the restraints around my wrists and ankles.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he roughly grabbed ahold of my upper arm and pulled me off the bed.

"That's for me to know, gattina...and you to find out. Now come on," he said while hurriedly pulling me down the marble stairs and outside to a stretched limo.

The after affects of not getting any sleep for what seemed like days was slowly taking a toll on me. I was glad this scary Italian man had his hand gripped around my arm because if it wasn't there, I definitely would have fallen down.

"Get in."

+
+
+

I sent daggers her way.

How could she be apart of this and not have told me? Why would she put my life at risk without even feeling slightly bad about it?

"Looking at me like that isn't going to change anything, little sister," Sienna said, a crooked smile on her face. She definitely isn't the sister I grew up with and loved. "We're going to New Jersey and you're going to gain access to grandpa Cruise's locked bank account."

We were on a jet. I still wasn't quite sure who these people were or why Sienna thought it was a good idea to associate herself with them, but they definitely had a lot of money. Why did they want my family's money then?

I was still shocked to hear her talking like this. Our grandpa is in the hospital...dying, and she wants to take all of his money? "What could you possibly want with all of that money, Sienna?! You sound insane! Let me go back home!" I screamed, the intimidating men all over the jet didn't even seem to scare me anymore. "I'm gonna call the cops as soon as I find a phone."

"No, you're not," that jerk Lorenzo guy snapped.

I gave him a look that could kill.

"Who are you people?" I turned to Angelo who was sitting right next to me, making sure I didn't try anything stupid. Why would I though? Everyone here made it painfully obvious that they had guns.

"That doesn't concern you, gattina."

"What does that even mean?!"

I got another evil look from Angelo, something I was slowly getting used to. I guess he wasn't a fan of me raising my voice, "It means kitten," Lorenzo answered very boringly. "You're about as ruthless and pathetic as a kitten."

"That was a tad rude, sir," I said mockingly.

"Chloe, if you knew what was good for you, you'd shut up," Sienna said. "You don't know who these people are and you won't know, so stop asking dumb questions."

"You're in the mafia, aren't you?" I asked Angelo, hoping maybe he'd answer me.

The silence told me I had hit the nail on the head.

"Oh god," I cried. "No, no no. They're going to kill us Sienna! It's all your fault."

"Dramatic little thing aren't you?" Angelo asked, "A bad listener too because I've already told you that I'm not going to kill you. Didn't I say that, amore mia?" His dark eyes penetrated my own. And in that moment I finally decided to stop and take in Angelo's appearance. He wasn't "my type" per say, but that didn't mean he wasn't attractive. His hair was black and styled in just the right way. Under his fancy white button up shirt, I could tell he had a chiseled body, athletic probably. I'm sure you have to be athletic to be in this business. His tanned forearms were exposed and I could see a few tattoos poking their way through. The age is what stumped me though. He couldn't have been older than twenty five at least.

"You're blushing, amore mia," Angelo smiled, white and totally straight teeth showing. God...

I snapped my head away from him and towards the window.

"You don't have your meds, do you Chloe?" Sienna asked as if she actually cared about me anymore.

"Uh...that's none of your business, Sienna."

"Meds?" Angelo asked. "You're a pill popper?" He seemed amused and that disgusted me. "What do you need medicine for?"

"Also, none of your business," I kept my eyes focused on the clouds outside as my eyelids started to get heavy. They could get heavy all they wanted, but they'd never shut without those stupid pills.

"Baby sister has insomnia," Sienna said in a baby voice. Everything she did was just making me dislike her more. I still can't believe she'd help them ruin our family. "She needs her meds or she can't and won't sleep. Let me tell you something, sleepy Chloe is a bitchy Chloe."

I was appalled. I've never heard Sienna say a bad word, but I guess I wasn't surprised.

"She's bitchy right now," Lorenzo said. "Bitchiest bitch I've ever met actually."

"That's enough," Angelo stepped in, surprising me. I totally thought he would be enjoying this. Then again he did make it clear that he wasn't exactly a fan of his little brother. I wasn't either though so at least we agreed on something, right?

"When was the last time you talked to dad, Sienna?" I asked.

"This morning. I told him that you and I were going to be taking a longer vacation. I also called mom. She's meeting us as soon as we land at the hangar."

Angelo gave Sienna and Lorenzo the look he loves to give me, "And when exactly were you going to tell me that? Traveling with the heiresses to a multimillion dollar company is risky, then add their mother to the mix and things become too complicated for one to handle."

Lorenzo scoffed, "You're way too fucking paranoid, Angelo."

"Paranoid?" He sounded highly offended. "I'm trying to help your stupid ass but you're making it really hard."

Lorenzo lunged for the pistol laying out in front of him and pointed it at Angelo. I was shocked to see that he didn't even look fazed by it, like this was just another part of his daily routine. Well, I guess it probably was. He was in the mafia after all. "I'm tired of all the shit you give me-"

"Raise em'," Angelo told the men surrounding us, and within seconds they had their guns drawn and pointed at Lorenzo's head. "I don't like you Lorenzo. You're a fucking obligation that honestly...I'm quite tired of. If you shoot, they shoot, and I promise you it won't be a kill shot. Put the gun down."

Instead of pointing the gun at Angelo, he now pointed it at me.