The Crazy Fan Girl

Never in my entire 20 years on this earth did I ever think that one of the most feared men in the country would be relying on me, the girl everyone calls a kitten because of her extreme lack of ferocity, for everything he needed.

In a weird way though, I was in his shoes and he was in mine.

I was always the one being injured and in pain and Angelo was always the one that helped me through it mentally and physically. He would worry, and I would heal. Now it was the other way around. I was left worrying and afraid, and he had to heal, not only for me but for Sophia.

She was taking this worse than anyone and that meant a lot because the rest of us were left in ruin. No one thought Angelo was ever going to fall.

"Where are we going?" Soph asked me quietly, not wanting to wake Angelo up.

Angelo was recently discharged from the hospital, so Marco was driving us to the Italian Mafia house, "A house."

She gave me a confused look, "New York?"

I shook my head, "It's here. A new home. Like the one in New York," I had no clue what it was actually like but I heard it was great so I was excited.

She leaned back in her seat and looked to her right, up at Angelo who's face was scrunched up as if terribly uncomfortable.

We hit a big bump in the road and Angelo made a low, guttural noise, "Cazzo!"

I didn't know what to do. There was nothing I could do. I didn't think I should say anything either, 'cause when I'm in pain and someone tries to talk to me it only makes me feel worse.

Sophia gently rested her head on Angelo's arm. He opened his eyes, looked down at her and smiled, "Hello tesorina," he laid in his head back on the headrest and closed his eyes yet again.

I knew what tesorina meant because it was a name often used nowadays. It meant, "little treasure" and it was adorable every single time he said it.

"Hi," she said quietly.

Now was when I started to zone out because I looked out the window just as we came to a slow stop. It was a brief stop though because then we moved again, and then stopped, and then moved. It was like stop and go traffic.

It was because we were in a line of cars. It wasn't the longest, but it wasn't really short either.

I could see that at the front of line, there were two men dressed in suits and fedoras donning assault rifles, peering into the cars at the front of the line.

Angelo was looking now at this point, but didn't seem worried at all, so I decided not to be either. Marco also seemed way too calm, "It's weird that there's actually a line here. We must all be finishing our jobs at the same time. That never happens," Marco said through a deep chuckle. "Looks like Rafael and Martin are a little busy," he said in reference to the guys with guns.

It wasn't long before we were at the front of the line and Rafael and Martin were looking into the car. They backed off immediately after seeing Angelo and Marco drove forward, through the now open, large gate.

Like I have said a couple times now, I didn't think this place could be any better than the other mafia house. Actually, it turns out it could.

There wasn't just one house here, there were hundreds if not more. Not just houses either. There were other things too, like stores and restaurants and I swear to god I even saw a movie theater.

Now I understood why Mr. D'Amico was so damn protective over this Family. It was an entire freaking city that he had built, no wonder he was so paranoid over Angelo getting too distracted with his real family. I'd be pissed if all this went down the drain because of some girl too. Hell, I'd attempt murder!

"Why do you look so surprised, criceta? I told you it was better here than in New York," Angelo said. It sounded like he was getting a cold now too. I'd have to find him some soup or something later.

"Well..." I tried to think of some words to string together to form a simple sentence, "I couldn't imagine anything better. The other house was pretty great."

"I wanna go back," Soph said to Angelo specifically, knowing that she almost always got what she wanted from him.

"We're not going back," Angelo said, "I'm sorry."

It's not like she even had anything there. Her whole life was Angelo, Bandit and myself. Yes she enjoyed the company of familiar faces, but I knew she could live without them. I heard others from the mafia house were coming here anyway.

So she had nothing to worry about.

The car stopped in front of a Mediterranean style house. It wasn't a mansion, but it wasn't necessarily a small home either. It seemed like it could comfortably fit a family of five or six. The ceiling seemed high, but I could tell it was only a one story home.

It didn't look like it was in use either.

Before I even knew it, Angelo's door was open and he was slowly getting out, Sophia quickly following after him. I followed after her and the three of us traveled at Angelo's ungodly slow speed up to the front door, "Do you have the key?" He asked as Marco walked over, but stayed a short distance away.

"The door's unlocked and the keys are laying on the counter."

Angelo twisted the doorknob and walked inside after Sophia.

I turned to Marco before following them and said thank you. He deserved one and Angelo sure as hell wasn't the one to say it.

After finishing the small conversation, he walked back down the driveway to his car and I walked into the house. It was well furnished and perfectly lit by the large windows in multiple different spots of the house. Who needed artificial light?

I decided the house wasn't too bad. It actually exceeded my standards from what I could see so far.

Life here wouldn't be so bad after all.

I found Sophia and Angelo in the living room. There was a large tv mounted on the wall above a fireplace that the two of them seemed to be intently watching. Angelo was struggling to find a comfortable position on the beige colored sofa while Sophia sat in total bliss. She was used to nothing but perfection.

I walked over to the sofa and sat on the edge next to Angelo, placing a hand on his knee reassuringly. I didn't like this helpless feeling. There was nothing I could do for him other than be here. "Can I do anything?" I asked anyway, already knowing what the answer was going to be.

He held his arms out and smiled the smallest smile ever, "Nap with-"

One of the two glass front doors swung open and a girl with dirt-like brown and curly hair came inside. Her clothes, or her lack there of, clung tightly to her body, leaving little to the imagination. She looked around for a moment as if curious, but then her evil green eyes landed on Angelo and she raced over.

Angelo was furious, "What do you want, Giulia?"

"Stefano. He said you came back and you were shot. I came to check on you and I saw that the door was unlocked so I let myself in," she got even closer. Close enough to where I would have easily been able to push her away, had I had the guts to do it.

"Bye bye," Soph said to Giulia and made a shooing gesture with her tiny hands. I loved her. She was almost as, if not more territorial of her father than I was. The jealousy was only getting worse the longer I stayed too.

"Your bambina? I-I...didn't know you had a figlia (daughter)."

"Who are you?" I asked.

Who the hell just storms into someone else's house like that?

"Who are you?" She asked back in a 'who the hell do you think you are' tone.

"Goodbye!" I mimicked Sophia's hand gestures, hoping the annoying broad would go away but she didn't move an inch unless it was to get closer to Angelo.

"Angelo, who is she?"

"Who are you?!" I snapped back, yet again. "Angelo, who is she? Another Italia?"

"Chloe, I barely know who she is."

Giulia scoffed, "Don't say that."

"You're a psycho!"