Perfection

"Chloe," Angelo called after me as I raced around the house, trying to find someplace to escape him. I had kicked this Giulia bimbo out of the house, put Sophia down to bed, and managed to find myself some snack foods all in the hour. The only thing I wanted right now was to go to bed and forget all about this for now.

You best believe I'd be bringing it up again though.

Angelo had other plans and he wanted to talk about it now. He thought I was labeling him as a cheater. I wasn't, but I also hadn't completely ruled the idea out yet. Anything was possible at this point and he was a super attractive Mafia Leader, so who was to say that lechery wasn't an option, "Would you use your brain for once?!" He snapped, clearly offended by my nonverbal accusations.

I stopped dead in my tracks, now completely offended myself. Slowly I turned to face him with the utmost pissed of glare I could give anyone, "What do you mean for once?!" I yelled back as loud if not louder than him. I could handle insults usually, but when my intelligence was being insulted, I flipped the fuck out. I guess you could call it a slight insecurity. "I could tell you the same thing!"

"Think about it for a minute," he looked equally as angry and that wasn't something I welcomed gladly. I hated when he was mad, especially at me. "When the hell did I ever have the time to cheat on you?" He spoke very slowly, carefully enunciating each and every word. "Even if I wanted to, why would I? I have you. Look at you. I'd sooner quit the mafia than ever even dream about engaging in affairs with someone else."

I thought about it for a minute, but my paranoid brain was finding stupid little loop holes that I just couldn't get past. "Why would she storm in here unannounced than? It sure looked like something else, Angelo. Put yourself in my shoes for a minute. If some guy you've never met before came here and said half the stuff Giulia did, you'd be asking questions too. You'd probably even get rid of me for good."

He scoffed, "I would never."

I gave him a 'really?' look. "That's what you say now, but wait until it happens."

"It wouldn't happen, Chloe, because incase you've forgotten, I know where you are and who you're with at all times. Why do you waste all of my time with your stupid hypothetical situations?"

"I don't know," I turned away from him and continued walking through the house. I wanted to find a bedroom I could sleep in, "I guess I just like pissing you off. Seems like a mutual thing though." I stopped and turned to face him again, realizing that he had started to follow me, even though I hadn't gone far. "Tell me why she came here. Please."

"Believe me, I would tell you if I knew," he took a slight pause just to pull me closer to him, "I would never cheat on you. You're perfect."

I smiled, deciding that I could believe him. There wasn't a whole lot of reasons for me not too. In the time that we have been official, he's only been to Italy maybe once without me and he wasn't there long. Not nearly long enough to betray me anyway. "Well now that that's settled, are you coming to bed?"

"Of course."

_______

I got up with Sophia the next morning. We ate breakfast, lounged around for awhile before we decided that going for a little walk would be great for the both of us. Well that and after Angelo fell asleep last night, I got into his cellphone and saw that Dom had texted him. He had Bandit with him.

Now all I had to do was figure out where in the world Dom was. It's not like I even knew who to ask because I didn't know a single person.

Actually, never mind.

There was Marco.

I didn't know where to find him either though.

"Ask daddy," Sophia said before letting go of my hand. We hadn't been walking long, but she was impatient and needed to get there right away. It didn't help that I didn't know where we were going. I guess I was kinda hoping someone would stumble into us.

"I didn't want to wake him up," I explained. "He never sleeps in longer than either of us. I figured he was pretty tired."

Soph sighed, "Yeah."

A really familiar car came to a slow halt beside us and the tinted black window on the passenger side was being rolled down. Marco's friendly face appeared, "Buongiorno, ladies." (Good morning) "What are you doing out so early? Alone? You seem to have forgotten where you are. This place is dangerous. Get in, I'll take you back."

"We're looking for someone," I said before grabbing Sophia's hand and pulling her further down the sidewalk. I wasn't going back home until Bandit was with us. I missed that dog.

"Who?" He asked simply, now out of his car and following us down the sidewalk.

"Dom."

"Dom who? There's a million of those here."

"Dom di Vitis."

He looked puzzled, "I don't know who that is. How do you? Why would he be here?"

"He has my dog," I paused, now a little confused myself. I thought all these people knew each other. They worked together even though they weren't stationed in the same place. It was the same Family. And how could he have not known Dom? Dom was pretty frigging popular. "He was part of the mafia house in New York. Don't you all know each other?"

"Why would we? We don't live in the same place. We might as well be in different families. Is he someone important?"

"Well I don't know. He's kind of Angelo's best friend."

"Hey!" I followed the sound of the girly shout down the street a ways. It was Lilly. (Dom's girlfriend for those who don't remember.) She was dressed like she was about to do some serious exercising, so in super tight dark grey yoga pants and a pink tank top. She was walking Bandit and quickly approaching us on the side of the road. "I was just gonna bring him over," she handed his leash over to me and gave Sophia a smile. "I can't believe I missed you as much as I did, you little brat," she joked. "Now you have to like me because I brought your doggy back."

Sophia just gave her a disapproving look.

Lilly looked around in Marco's general direction and it seemed like something in her suddenly snapped. She hooked one of her arms around mine, grabbed Sophia's hand with her free one and we started walking in the opposite direction. "He's a fucking weirdo. Please don't be alone with him ever again. Where's Angelo? He let you out by yourselves?"

"Well, he didn't have much of a say. He was kind of asleep when we left."

"Chloe!" She snapped, "Don't do that. That's not always the best idea. There are so many weirdos here, it's not even funny. That's why Alessandra refused to live here. She didn't want to put Camilla in a situation like this. They're living with her parents right now and we know how much Alessandra hates her parents."

"Ok. I'll remember that next time. What are you doing? Where's Dom? Why isn't he with you if you're so worried?"

"I don't need no man."