Little Heartbreaker

-Angelo's POV-

I was still dripping wet from my latest excursion, leaving a trail of water on the floor of the hallway I traveled down. I was told which room I would find Chloe and everyone else that came with her in, and walked there as fast as possible.

Anyone could hear me coming from a mile away due to the slushy noises coming from my shoes.

It wasn't long before I came to the room. I walked inside and was immediately met by a mob of people. Chloe was on the bed in an ugly green hospital gown, fast asleep or so it seemed, Sophia was cuddled up next to her. Mariano, Luca and Arturo stood casually around the room, on guard and Acardi was peering in over a clear basket, high on a stand.

I fucking missed it?

Again?

"Daddy," Sophia carefully removed herself, making sure that she didn't wake Chloe up in the process, and ran over to me. Her small arms flew around my leg and she peered up at me in amazement. "He's here," she pointed over to Acardi. "Mommy had him. Why are you wet?" She quickly backed away from me.

"I went swimming," I pushed her blonde locks out of her face before walking over to Acardi.

"He's big for a premie. Can't imagine what he would have been like at full term," she commented and I couldn't help but agree with her. He was just barely larger than I remember Sophia being though and she wasn't exactly known for being a big baby.

"How'd she do? Chloe that is." I was worried, but hopeful that she had a slightly easier time than she did with the last.

"Well, it was rough, but much like after Sophia's birth, she'll be just fine. I'm sorry, but I just didn't want to risk losing Chloe, that's why I had her brought here. It didn't look good and it wasn't. The doctors did an emergency c-section almost as soon as she walked through the doors. The road to recovery will not be a long one though."

"I'm happy to hear it."

"You shouldn't have played god, Angelo," she whispered, knowing full well that this wasn't a discussion I was going to have with her. "This could have ended badly. You could have lost not one, but two people today."

"If I wanted to know what you thought, I would have asked you, but I didn't," I said just as I saw Chloe stir a little.

I switched my gaze from Chloe, back to the sleeping baby, and then down at the little tag on the basket that I hadn't even noticed before. "Woman!" I roared and spun around quickly just as Chloe was opening her eyes, "We didn't agree on this," I pointed out the small paper that had my poor son's doom etched into it.

"Shut up, Angelo," she rubbed her temples as if she had the worst headache and that was actually helping it. "You named Sophia without letting me have a say. I think I get to decide the order his names go in. I like this order over yours and you weren't even here so you really have no right to complain."

Alessio D. D'Amico
7 lbs 7oz
March 5.

"You are going to be the death of me," I mumbled under my breath.

"You'll get over it. You know it's better than Dante anyway. Don't even lie."

"Be quiet. I'm mad at you."

She laughed.

-Chloe's POV-

I walked at my own pace into the house. My pace was slow, slower than slow even. My stomach hurt really bad still and walking did nothing to soothe the ache. Sophia ran ahead of me, whereas Angelo walked very calmly behind, the baby carrier in his hands.