Unexpected Cuddles with the Mafia Boss

"How long was I out and where did you find the time to call for a limo?" I asked while crawling inside, and situating myself in the open spot between Angelo and Dom. Both looked slightly frazzled, possibly because of the run in with the supposed Russian mafia earlier today.

"You were out for a few hours," Luca said just as the limo started to pull away from the hospital, "And who doesn't have a limo on speed dial? If you're rich anyways."

"Well my dad never had one on speed dial and he's a billionaire for your information."

"Yeah, we know."

I let the ride stay silent for a minute before I started to speak again. I was only talking to one now though.

"Where are you hiding that oh so scary gun of yours?" I asked while feeling around his waistline. I couldn't feel anything, no trace of any weapon.

He gently pushed my hands away, clearly uncomfortable with my pat down, "I don't have one right now, if you must know everything, criceto."

"Ohh, so Mr. Mafia is unarmed? That seems like a first, kinda dangerous too now that the Russians are clearly after us. More specifically me. Where are we going now? I thought there was another mafia house here. Why haven't we gone there yet?"

"You ask so many questions. You're never going to this mafia house, because you would definitely get yourself killed there. The people here don't mess around Chloe, and I don't feel like cleaning up your spilled blood."

"So I'm going to be living in a hotel for the rest of my life is what your saying?"

"I didn't say that-"

"You're not denying it either."

He shook his head, "Where'd you get shot?" He totally changed the subject.

"My leg-"

Now he cut me off, "Does it hurt?"

"I can't feel anything," I inched my face closer to his, a sudden rush of adrenaline washing over me, "So you're gonna have to carry me around, Mr. Mafia."

He scoffed, "We'll see about that."

+
+
+

We were back at Angelo's mom's home. Luca and Dom didn't come with us though, they went to a hotel instead.

Gianna, Angelo's mom came out into the small living room where I was spread out on the couch comfortably, Angelo was on the floor right in front of me, covered up in a flannel blanket.

"Hai fame," she said.

"Are you hungry, she asks," Angelo translated before grabbing the remote and flipping through channels on the super small tv. It was like ten inches.

I shook my head, "I'm fine."

Angelo said something to her and she nodded, "Buona notte," she said before switching the living room light off and heading down the small hallway to her room.

"Where's Dominica?" I asked, "I haven't seen her today."

"I don't know and I don't really care. Why should you?"

"Not really a family kind of guy, are ya?" I joked. I knew he wouldn't be coming around here if he didn't love his family, so he must have just been really tired or something.

"Not really a quiet kind of girl, are you?" He laughed. I think it had something to do with what was on the tv though. Too bad it was in freaking Italian.