Mr. Family Man

"It's too quiet," I said before unwrapping myself from Angelo's arms just to sit up a little bit.

Every parent knows that when the house is quiet, that's when you should start to freak out. Chaos was about to be unveiled.

We were all watching a movie, it was a good one. So good that I didn't even see Sophia get up and leave the room. "Where'd she go?" Angelo asked.

"I don't know," we both got off the couch and went down separate sides of the house. Angelo went towards Sophia's room, and I went towards our room. She's taken an interest in it recently. "Soph," I looked around the room, no daughter.

I did see a light on in the bathroom though, so I quickly approached. I pushed the door open while hoping for the best, but expecting the very worst.

And there I saw my toddler covered in toilet paper. The floor was covered in toilet paper. Everything was covered in toilet paper. "What are you doing, Soph?" I asked before picking her up, out of the mess.

"This marker doesn't work, mommy," she held up the thing I was sure I had thrown away.

I took it away from her little hand and threw it away again. "That's because it's not a marker, baby."

Never in my whole life have I been so glad that Angelo wasn't around.

"Oh. Than what is it?"

"Don't worry about it now, ok?"

"Ok."

"Did you find her?!" Angelo shouted from inside the bedroom.

We walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom where Angelo was, "Sì, signore."

"Ah, finally catching onto the language. Beautiful," he started throwing pillows off the bed and moving the blankets around to suit his fancy. The man knew what he liked, "I'm going to sleep. Goodnight, my hamsters."

I set Sophia down on the bed after realizing that sleep seemed like a good idea and she couldn't be left unattended.

"Why do you call us hamsters?" Soph asked while giving Angelo the weirdest look.

"Thank your mommy. She started it."

"How?"

"She didn't like my other nicknames and wanted a new one. So she got hamster."

"Can we get a hamster?"

"No. You have a dog."

______________

My secondary support system was here with me. That meaning, Alessandra and Lilly. Camilla was here too to keep Sophia company. The two were best buds.

Angelo was gone doing his mafia stuff, so I could basically say whatever I wanted to them.

"Getting here was actually a pain in the ass," Alessandra said while joining Lilly and I at the table, "Like I suspected it would be. I mean I knew it was going to be guarded, I didn't think it would be that guarded though."

"I know," Lilly jumped in, "They gave me a pat down the first time. Did you guys get your badges yet?"

"We got temporary ones 'cause we're not staying here long," Alessandra answered.

"Do you guys have restrictions on yours?" I asked.

"Yeah. Mine says S10," Lilly said.

"So does mine, and Soph's says S8-10. What does that mean?"

"Well, sector 10 is the arsenal I think. Eight is where the clubs are and I don't know what nine is."

"Beats me," Alessandra shrugged. "So why'd you call us here? Must be important 'cause we haven't all been together in awhile. You look a little on edge too."