Knight in Shining Armor

"Didn't expect to see me ever again, did you Chloe?" Italia sat down in the chair across from me, the mystery man standing above her menacingly.

All I could do was shake my head.

We all know how many times I've gotten lucky when it comes to escaping certain death. I didn't think I had another run in me. Anything I could've said probably would have sent Italia into a frenzy that was going to end my life.

She stared at me for a moment through those terribly fake, extended eyelashes, "Would you like to know who he is?" She sounded way too amused for my liking. "Much like you, I've been a bit busy working on my family. That's probably why we weren't in touch sooner. This is my husband Vincenzo, and I didn't even have to steal him from some other woman."

I feel like she was making a terrible reference to me and Angelo. I didn't steal anyone from anybody though. Had I known Italia would have been such a fucking pain in the ass, I probably would have pushed my feelings for Angelo to the side.

"We had a son, around the same time you and...Angelo had a daughter," she cringed at his name, as if she had just gotten to the regretful stage of looking back on your exes and wondering why the hell you were with them. "Are you expecting another one? You seem...heavier than you did last time we saw each other."

I was offended, but I couldn't lash out on her because I needed to keep myself and the itty bitty baby alive.

She waited for a moment before moving on, "Well, anyway, I'm sure you want to know why I had my people get in touch with you. I want to make a deal, and I couldn't do it while we were on the phone because I'm sure Angelo listens to all of your conversations. He's a bit controlling, is he not?"

"Could you just tell me already. Please?" I wanted to add a few more whiny words in but it wouldn't add to the conversation so I left them out.

"I have your father, and I'm more than capable of getting ahold of your stepmother and siblings. Maybe even your real mother if you're just that uncooperative. But," her pause seemed way too long, "I want you to kill Angelo."

"What?!"

-Angelo's POV-

"Where is she, Lilly?" Dom snapped. I held my little Sophia close to me. She was the only thing I've ever had an attachment problem to. That one night without fully knowing where she was could have possibly been the most traumatic thing I will ever have to go through and I'm in the fucking mafia!

"A hotel," Soph said. She was more helpful than some of the goons that worked for me sometimes.

"A hotel?" I repeated back to her, "Do you know what the name is?" It was a long shot, but asking never hurt anybody.

"Uhh...I don't know."

"Do you know what it looked like?" I figured that she probably would have seen it when Chloe got driven there, unless she had some random person take her. Sophia could be observant when she wanted to.

Her thinking face was one of the cutest things ever, "It was big and white?" She made it sound like a question. "And a lot of trees."

"Palm trees?" Dom asked.

Soph just looked confused. I mean they were some of the only trees here.

"Draw one for her," I told Dom.

He reached into one of his pockets and pulled out some receipt and then grabbed the pen sticking out of the breast pocket on his shirt before scribbling a palm tree down, "This. They looked like this right, SoSo?" He asked while showing her his laugh worthy drawing.

She nodded.

"Do you remember any buildings next to it?"

She perked up and a huge smile spread across her lips, "Candy!"

"Ah," Dom said, "I'm thinking Clo's at the Four Seasons."

"Yeah."

-Chloe's POV-

"You want me to kill Angelo?" I asked quietly. This hadn't really sunk in yet and at this point I didn't think it would. "What happens if I don't?"

"I kill your entire family in front of you. Sophia included. And then maybe I'll kill you. Maybe."

I wanted to laugh. There was no way in hell that could ever happen. Angelo wouldn't let someone get up and walk away with Sophia.

I guess that is what happened in this case though. "You do understand how fucking impossible it is for me to even wrap my head around this, don't you? Why the hell would I kill my husband, my children's father?"

"Because it'll keep you and your family alive. Kill one to save tens."

"You're fucking insane!" I screamed, not even caring that I was drawing way too much attention to myself. "Why can't I have them all? Why do you want Angelo gone?"

"He's my rival. Why would you want your rival dead?"

"I wouldn't. I'd deal with it like a normal human being and ignore the problem."

"That's not very productive. Even you know that. That's why you're here and not under the mafia's protection."

I looked away from her and towards the nearest exit just in time to see my knight in shining armor walk into the restaurant with Tony lingering behind him. Italia quickly caught wind of what I was looking at and whipped around to face Angelo and Tony.

I stood up and rushed over to Angelo, but he didn't greet me with the open arms I was hoping for. He looked at me like I had just betrayed him in the worst way possible.

"It's nice to see you again, Angelo," Italia said, her fake smile showing the lie she had just told.

He didn't say anything and neither did Tony.

I started heading for the exit when Italia cleared her throat, "Remember what I said, Chloe," she called after me.

-Angelo's POV-

Remember what I said.

What the hell did she say?

I told Tony to stay back and see if the restaurant had any surveillance footage that might have been able to help me out, but it soon dawned on me that the restaurant probably belonged to Italia herself so surveillance footage wouldn't be easy to come by.

Now I only had Chloe, but I was dead set on not talking to her right now. I was worried that my anger would get me unwanted trouble.

She put Sophia's life in danger and it doesn't seem like she's even realized that. Not only Sophia's life though, but the baby's too, her's even.

"Why are you mad?" Soph asked. She was sitting on my lap with her chest pressed firmly to mine. She made me a cuddler.

"I'm not mad."

She gave me a stern look, "You haven't said anything to mommy. She's sad."

"She'll get over it." That sounded a lot better in my head. Outside it sounded like I was totally insensitive.

Soph sat back a tad bit just so she could cross her arms, "You are mad."

"Sì signorina."

"Why?"

"You couldn't even begin to understand."