Orso

-Chloe's POV-

As soon as Angelo opened the front door, Sophia pushed past both of us and ran into the house. After walking in myself, I noticed that she wasn't in sight and probably wasn't going to be the remainder of the night.

She wanted Angelo and I to talk and she knew that wouldn't happen if she was in the room. We could and always did use her as a barrier, an excuse not to talk to each other.

Angelo sat down on the couch and let out a long, frustrated sigh. I wanted to say something, I really did, but I had no clue what, or even how. So I just sat down next to him, right next to him, so close that he had no choice but to think about me and therefore start the conversation that had to happen.

I felt dumb. I really did.

I tricked the mafia, my husband, left the safety of this place with our babies, and put us in danger. And for what? People who don't even reach out to me anymore. People who have been nothing but unsupportive.

"I'm sorry," I said, just barely above a whisper.

He nodded and took a slight pause before surprising me and speaking up, "It wouldn't have been such a big fucking deal if you hadn't brought Sophia with you. You're pregnant too, Chloe. Did you not think about that? About them? I knew we were terribly overdue for one of your rebellions, but you didn't have to bring them into this."

I didn't know what to say. His point was good.

"You need to tell me what Italia said to you," he said slowly. "It's not long before they start coming here, and who knows what shit they're planning. I need to know so I can keep us all safe."

"I..." I trailed off, "I don't want you to kill me."

"Why would I kill you?!" He snapped, "You are the biggest pain in the ass, but I'm not going to kill you for it. Just fucking tell me what she said!"

"She wants me to kill you!" I screamed right back, immediately regretting the tone of voice that I had used.

Angelo's face went blank. I couldn't pull out a single emotion from his perfectly still face, "And you considered it, didn't you?" He asked quietly.

"Of course I did, Angelo. I was upset that Italia had my family. I was gonna do anything to get them back, but I don't want you dead. I would rather never see them again than never see you. How would I kill you anyway? I don't necessarily have the strength or the resources to do so."

He raised an eyebrow curiously, looking even deeper in thought than he already did, "She's going to kill your family if you don't kill me?" He asked.

I nodded, "She said she'd find a way to get you too and Soph and that I'd have to watch you two die in front of me. And then she won't even kill me. I can't live like that, Angelo."

"You won't have to. Nothing is going to happen to us. We'll find a way to get out of this like we always do. I'll be damned if I let anyone get anywhere near my little tesorina."

I half smiled, because a full smile was just too much right now, "I love you, Angelo and I'm really sorr-"

He cut me off by pressing a finger to my lips, "I love you too, criceta, but promise me that you'll never do this again. I don't know how much more I can take."

"I promise."

-Angelo's POV-

"Watch her at all times," I told Mariano, the mafia's main security guy, whilst pointing to the screen in front of both of us. The screen showed Chloe asleep in the bed at home.

I had a long night ahead of me and given the current circumstances, I decided that keeping Sophia close to me at all times was probably in my best interest. So, I held her close as she rested her head on my shoulder and slept her way through this whole ordeal. I couldn't take Chloe around with me as easily, she wasn't a twenty five-ish pound girl, so I left her at home but made sure all of the security cameras were working.

"If she makes as much as a weird movement I want you to come find me. And if she wakes up and gets out of bed, send someone over there and then come find me."

"Got it, Boss."

I left the small room, and entered the hallway. I didn't know what to do next, there was just that much stuff. Where do I start?

I wanted to limit my movements so Sophia could have the best sleep possible given the situation, so I walked upstairs and into my office. I laid Soph down on the black plush sofa, took my suit coat off and covered her tiny body up with it, using it as a blanket since I didn't have any in here. I tucked it under her, so that she looked a little like a burrito.

Throwback to my little baby swaddled in her blanket looking like the most edible pink burrito you have ever seen in your life.

I walked back to my desk and sat down before opening the laptop and logging on. I had access to everything going on on mafia property with this thing. I had surveillance footage from every house, store, restaurant, and gym on this property. Was I going to take advantage of that though? Definitely not. Too lazy.

I did, however, make a new window and pulled up the surveillance footage from my bedroom at home. Just so I could see what Chloe was doing at all times. I made the window small and put it in the upper corner before totally forgetting what I was about to do.

"Shit," I grumbled and leaned back in my chair. I was going to be here for a while just trying to remember what I was going to do. Then it was going to take me even longer to do it.

"Daddy," the most adorable little voice called quietly.

"Yes, baby?" I asked while digging through my pockets to find my phone. I had remembered what I was going to do.

"Your phone is buzzing," she remained totally still as if she wasn't even awake at all. Her eyes weren't even open, so I wondered if she actually wasn't. I got up and grabbed my phone from out of the coat pocket just as it stopped vibrating. "Where's Orso?" She asked while feeling around the sofa.

Orso...Orso...Orso...

What the hell is that?

I wasn't going to ask because then I could never win the father of the year award. I knew it was a toy but which one, every one she's ever had has been named Orso. Even her barbie dolls.

And then I remembered that she had recently become incredibly attached to a white stuffed bear that she had in fact, named Orso. Did she bring it with her? I don't recall.

"I don't think you brought him with you, Soph."

"I did," she corrected tiredly.

I looked around the room to see if it had by any chance fallen, but of course, there was no stuffed animal anywhere. I was going to undoubtedly have to deal with a temper tantrum. "He's not here, Sophia."

Her face scrunched up as if she was preparing to cry, but it quickly relaxed again and I swear this little girl started snoring quietly. What a weirdo. Just like her mother.

After making sure she had fallen asleep, I went back to my desk and checked to see who had just called me.

I was shocked to see that it was the same person I was about to call had I known where my phone was minutes ago. Now I didn't know if I should call back or not.

I was going to.

I tapped on the number and pressed the phone to my ear.

It only got half way through the first ring before I got a response, the quickest one I've ever gotten.

"So nice of you to call me back...son."