Child Support & Alimony

-Angelo's POV-

How could something so small make one person feel so many emotions they didn't even know existed? I didn't know the answer so I couldn't tell you. I didn't even care about the answer for once in my life.

I could've been the happiest person on earth right now if it wasn't for the wall dividing Chloe and I. She was in there, in pain and I couldn't do anything about it. That bugged the hell out of me. The only thing I could do was sit and wait and worry myself to death. It was the worst feeling in the world.

I heard a stampede of people rush down the stairs and before I even knew it, my small, pink baby burrito and I were being swarmed by a dozen of my gawking men and their nosy women. News spreads fast here incase you couldn't tell.

"It's a girl!" Two or three women screeched as loud as humanly possible. I struggled to keep Soph in my arms while trying to cover her small ears. I'm sure this was the last thing she wanted right now. "Oh my god! It's a girl! We're so happy for you and Chloe, Angelo!"

"What's her name?" Another squawked like an annoying bird.

"If I tell you, will you go away?!"

Every single girl nodded.

"Sophia."

They kept staring at me, as if that wasn't good enough for them and I should have known that.

"Keep going..." one had the nerve to say. As if I'll be ordered around.

"Sophia Angelique."

"Well, is she going to take Chloe's last name? Cruise? How are we supposed to know if you don't tell us?"

"Chloe isn't a Cruise anymore," a guy whispered to her. "She's a D'Amico, remember? So the baby is obviously going to be a D'Amico."

"She would have been one anyway," I clarified.

"How is Chloe?"

I sighed, "You said you'd leave me alone."

"But now we want to know how Chloe is. Why aren't you in there with her? Obviously something's going on. Are you two splitting up?!"

I just ignored them and hoped they'd go away, but as I looked back up, I realized that was way too much to ask for. "I'm another question away from having you all shot, if you don't leave me alone!"

"You heard the Boss!" I watched Tony come over, "Get. The fuck. Out."

It only took forever, but they all eventually left.

"How's Chloe doing?" Tony asked.

"I don't know. I haven't heard anything."

"I don't know why you're worried. The girl's literally managed to escape certain death how many times now? If the gods wanted her dead, I think she would have been dead a couple of times by now. Or...maybe she really is a gattina and has nine lives. What is even wrong with her?"

Eh...it was some English word I don't really recall, "I can't remember. They said she was bleeding a lot though."

"Did they say hemorrhage by any chance?"

"Yes. That was the word."

"Don't stress kid, my second wife had a massive hemorrhage right after Rocco was born. She's still alive and actively collecting alimony. I hope that doesn't happen to you."

"What? That Chloe lives?"

It looked as though that's what he meant, but after seeing my disgust, he changed it, "No. That's not at all what I meant. I hope she doesn't leave you for someone more stable and then collect thousands of dollars worth of child support and alimony each month."

More stable? What the hell was that supposed to mean?! "Just get the fuck away from me, Tony."

The door that I was leaning against opened suddenly and I almost fell backwards. Almost, but not quite. Dr. Accardi popped her head out, "Do you want to see her?"

"She's ok?"

She smiled and nodded, "She'll be just fine."

I wasted no time in walking into the small, but still perfectly sized room. Chloe was awake and her already large eyes seemed even bigger now, as if she was completely shocked.

I dragged one of the chairs across the room and took a seat in it right after I had set it up so that I could be as close to Chloe as possible without actually being in the bed with her. She limply threw her hand out in my direction and made a pouty face. She was good at that.

With Sophia secure in one arm, I reached my free hand out and held Chloe's. I didn't know what to say to her because "how are you feeling" would have been a dumb ass question right about now.

"Is she a noisy baby?" Her voice was weak. I couldn't believe that was the only thing she could bring herself to say.

"Hardly," I lowered Sophia a tad bit so that Chloe could get a better look. This would be the first time she's actually seen her small face. "I don't want to say she's quiet either because than she won't be."

"Oh man," Chloe squeaked.

-Chloe's POV-

"This is real," I said quietly.

There was no going back now. Well, I guess there wasn't before anyway.

"It's nice to see you're still your observant little self."

"I thought you'd be nicer to me. I mean, I almost just died and you're still insulting me like its your second nature."

He half smiled and the pause he took seemed like a small eternity, "I love you."

My heart stopped.

I've been with Angelo for about a year now, and actually with him, like as a couple, for nine plus months. Neither of us had ever said those words and I was starting to think it would never happen. Oh how life threw new, beautiful things your way unexpectedly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He furrowed his dark eyebrows and looked confused all of a sudden, "Did I grow another head?"

I shook my head at his ridiculous question and smiled, "I love you too." I couldn't move very much, so I slightly puckered my lips in hopes that he'd do the rest.

He turned in his chair so that his positioning was better (so the baby wouldn't be crushed between our bodies) and then gently kissed my lips.

----------------------------------

Just a heads up, the next chapter might fast forward a couple years 'cause then things can get interesting again.

Maybe.

I haven't decided yet.

Sorry this chapter was so short.

More to come later.

Thanks for reading!!!!