The Birthday Bambina

"Is she dying? Are you dying? Oh my poor criceti," at this point Angelo was off the bed and pacing around the room, and occasionally running his hands through his already messed up hair. He was currently worse off than I was.

"You're gonna keep calling me a hamster, even when I'm on the verge of death?" I asked. His face fell to extreme worry and that's when I knew he didn't take that as a joke like he was supposed to. I guess he never really was a joking person though. "I'm not dying...yet. But I need to get to the hospital soon."

He sat next to me on the bed, wrapped his arms around my tummy and laid his head down on my shoulder, "I can't go in with you though," he placed soft kisses up and down my shoulder. "But I need to."

I didn't know what to say to reassure him, so I said nothing at all. I knew his name was posted everywhere, because he was wanted by everybody, so he couldn't go to any public place. I wanted him with me yes, but it wasn't worth losing him forever if he got caught.

"I have an idea, but I don't think you'll like it."

"Enlighten me," I said.

"I can't go with you to the hospital, but I can bring the hospital to you."

"How?"

He pressed a finger to my lips, "No questions. Just tell me. Yes or no."

_____________________

"You goddamn liar," Angelo accused Dr. Young as I tried to get comfy on the bed.

"What now, Angelo?" He asked slowly and rather boringly while rubbing his temples as if he had the worst headache from listening to Angelo speak.

"You do have a background in obstetrics. You said you didn't."

"I left the field because it wasn't right for me. I really don't think you want me to deliver your child when I could pass out at any moment. I'm not qualified, and no. I am not a liar."

"Well, you might need to grow a pair and help your new team out."

"What do you mean, new team?" He actually looked a little excited. Kind of like he knew what was going to be said.

"More doctors are flying in from Italy to help you," Angelo said simply. "We're a little undermanned here."

"You're telling me. There's one of me for every single one of you. Please tell me these new people are staying."

"For awhile. I'll be back in a couple of minutes," he turned and headed out the door, leaving me and Dr. Young alone.

"In your honest opinion," I started off slowly, "What do you think is going on?"

He took a deep breath in, "I think the baby is at risk and wants to come out and that's really all I think at this moment. I don't have the right equipment to help you yet, so I pray that nothing serious is going to spring up suddenly. What about you though? How are you feeling right now? Can I give you something?"

I shook my head, "I'll live."

There were two light taps on the door before it opened slowly and Luca popped his head inside, "Hey blondie. Do you feel up for some company?"

I haven't seen Luca in awhile so I smiled and nodded, "Actually, that sounds great."

"Great," he pushed the door open further and walked inside. "I brought Cami along too. Hope you don't mind. Maybe she'll put you in the mood to have a baby of your own. Oh and I brought UNO 'cause I heard you were a fan. I too, am a fan," he tossed the deck of cards down on the edge of the bed. "Where's Angelo?"

"I don't know. He said he'd be back in a minute."

"Oh. Well, he's probably checking on the eta of the docs flying in. We can just wait for him to get back before we play. There is nothing better than watching him throw a girly fit because he's losing."

He was right. There really was nothing better than that.

"Where's Alessandra?" I asked.

"She's out with Lilly and Taleya. You would have been invited but...you're kind of...crippled, I guess. I'm glad she's away right now though because now I don't have to share my little Camilla," he said in a baby voice before kissing Camilla's chubby cheeks. "Ya know, I never really thought I could love something more than myself. I guess you can though."

"You should tell Angelo that. Maybe he'll stop freaking out so much."

"Eh, I doubt it. He doesn't ever listen to me. Now if it was Dom that told him, then he'd probably listen 'cause they're buddies. We're not really friends, just employer and employee. I actually think the only reason he hasn't killed me yet is because then he'd have to hire someone else to do all the shit he doesn't want to do himself."

Ok.

"Well, we're friends."

"Yeah I know, blondie."

The door swung open again and this time Angelo came in with three other people behind him. Two girls and one guy, all three freaky looking though.

The three of them introduced themselves to Young as other people came in and started hooking up machines. Slowly, but surely this room was turning into what looked like an average hospital, not just some room on mafia property.

"It's nice to meet you Chloe," one of the lady doctors said to me.

I nodded a couple of times.

"So, is it a bambino or bambina?" The other lady doctor asked.

"Bambina," Angelo said.

"Magnifico."

"After everything gets all set up, we'll check the bambina out and see what has to happen from there. After hearing what Dr. Young was telling us though, I predict you'll be a family of three later tonight."

Oh great. Less time to stress.

-Angelo's POV-

Chloe was being prepped for an emergency c-section as I stood outside prepping myself for what was about to happen. In an hour or so from now, the world didn't get to revolve around my life anymore. I was going to have to break the news to Chloe soon that we weren't going back to the apartment for awhile. It was safer here, at the mafia house.

I'd also have to recruit new people, or move some men from Italy here, just to make sure security was ample for this small family of mine. I am no stranger to enemies and as soon as word gets out to rival families about the bambina, they would definitely come looking. I was going to have something they could use against or take away from me easily.

I wasn't going to let that happen.

"Ready to have your life change forever, Jello Shot?" Luca asked. I almost forgot he was there because he was being so quiet for once in his life.

I hated that stupid nickname almost as much as I hated the sound of his voice, "Shut up, idiota."

"I don't understand why you hate me so much. I mean, I do a lot for you and this damn Family! I don't get any fucking respect from anyone!" He yelled.

"'Cause you're annoying as fuck!" I yelled back louder.

It looked like he was getting ready to punch me square across the face, and I was going to let him had we not both been taken aback by a noise.

My bambina?