Breaking Her Heart II

-Angelo's POV-

I was almost at my breaking point.

There were only so many questions I could take in the late hours of the evening before I went crazy. I wondered how Chloe could deal with it all day long and still want many, many more children.

I was done after this one.

Completely.

I would not wish more of these D'Amico devils on anyone. I was obviously not meant to procreate.

"Daddy, do you have food?" Sophia asked and I swear I've already answered this a million times tonight, for both her and Alessio.

"Sophia, I do not magically grow food. No, I still do not have any."

She slumped in the chair before immediately perking up again, "Can we get some?"

And at this very moment, I felt terrible for my mother. If Alessio and Sophia were anything like me, and I know they were, the poor woman has had to deal with this before.

This was karma.

She's dealt with it before, she'd probably be more than willing to deal with it again, or so I hoped. I love my bambini, I really do, but they could drive any sane person towards insanity on one of their bad days.

And they loved their grandmother.

She was probably still awake, she didn't sleep well anymore.

"We're going on a field trip, yes?" I said and stood up from my desk. Alessio jumped up but Sophia stayed planted where she was.

"No. I want to stay with you," she protested.

"You two are driving me mad! No wonder your poor mother wanted the night off. Now lets go," I walked past the both of them and made my way towards the stairs, hearing both of them stomp grumpily behind me. My phone vibrated in my pocket, but I didn't check it yet.

I came to my mother's room and knocked quietly incase she was actually asleep.

"Entra," her soft voice called.

I opened the door and let So and Sio walk in first. She looked confused, set her book down, and came over to embrace the both of them, "Can you watch them?"

She nodded happily, "They're being little devils?"

"Yes."

"They'll be sleeping in ten minutes."

I laughed. I wasn't underestimating her power or anything because she did have, and I hate to say it, thirty years of experience under her belt. They were just two very hard storms to calm sometimes. "Good luck," I kissed her cheek before leaving the room.

I pulled out my phone and checked the message I had received moments ago.

I stopped dead in my tracks, completely and utterly disgusted.

Who was pictured though?

I scrolled down to see the text associated with the picture and dropped my phone in response. I wasn't sure why I did that, I wasn't shocked, not even a little bit.

Who didn't see this coming?

This is going to tear Chloe apart.

-Chloe's POV-

"Why are you being so lovey dovey?" I asked Angelo as he placed kisses all the way up and down my neck. I was trying to sleep, but he was being very very distracting.