Mr. Dramatic

I watched as Alessio stared harshly across the plane at Sienna and my mom, examining every part of them. He wasn't supposed to be paying them any attention, but Alessio wouldn't be Alessio if he didn't disregard directions every once in awhile. "Alessio, stop staring," I said flatly and he snapped his head in my direction, giving me a questioning look.

"Why?" He asked.

Oh how I loved that question.

"Because I said so."

"Why are they coming back with us?" Sophia asked from the seat between Gianna and Angelo. "I thought you said you didn't like your mama."

At the slight mention of her name, I watched as my mom turned her head so she could somewhat see us. She looked as if she was sad, but I just couldn't bring myself to care.

I didn't know what to say to Sophia, but I could see that Angelo was already thinking up some answer for me.

Before either of us could say anything though, Dom beat us to it, "She's a rat," he said so simply there was no way the kids weren't going to believe him.

That was actually a great answer because neither Soph or Sio ever questioned the ongoings of their dad's work that much. If it sounded like it had a lot to do with mafia stuff, they'd both stop talking about it immediately. "Oh," Soph said slowly.

It was a small victory that we could only thank Dom for.

I stared off in the direction of my mom and Sienna. They were bickering under their breath about something and as much as I knew I didn't care about what it was, some part of me found it necessary to try as hard as possible to hear them.

Angelo, who was seated directly in front of me, stretched his legs out, purposely hitting my legs in the process. I switched my attention over to him, making a "what" face. "Do you wanna talk?" He asked. 

I felt like a grumpy toddler in that very moment. No, I didn't want to talk, but he didn't really make it seem like an option. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "Not really, dad."

He furrowed his eyebrows, most likely at the dad comment. He then nudged Sophia and she shot her attention over to him right away, the biggest smile on her face. "Your mama seems delusional," he whispered to her, knowing full well that I was looking right at him.

"Delusional?" Sophia asked, the word a foreign one.

I slowly rose to my feet, keeping firm eye contact with Angelo the whole time, "I have to go to the bathroom," I announced, my way of saying that he had better follow me.

I walked from the middle to the back of the plane where the dreaded small bathroom was. I waited for Angelo at the door, and just like expected, he didn't keep me waiting too long.

He held the door open and motioned for me to walk in first so I did and I took the only optional seat in here. The toilet. Closed lid by the way.

He walked in and closed the door before leaning against the back of it. "You summoned," he said with a smile.

I couldn't get over that. Why was he so happy? Why couldn't I be happy that he was happy? Why was I letting someone get to me so bad?

I wanted to scream I was so frustrated. "Why are you smiling?" I questioned.

"Because I'm talking to you."

Why did he have to go and say that. Now I had to smile.

"And now you're smiling. My job is done and I can happily die a successful man."

"Alright, Mr. Dramatic, let's not get carried away here. You still have a family to take care of."

"Sio would love to take over," he joked.

"Yeah, of the mafia. Not of your fatherly duties."

He didn't have a response for that one.

"The only reason you wanted to talk was to find out more about your mom, wasn't it?" The smile fell off his face and that made me sad. I needed light hearted, adorable Angelo back.

"It wasn't the only reason," I defended. It was probably the biggest one though.

"What do you want to hear, amore? What will make you happy?"

I wanted them out of my sight forever, but I knew if I said that to Angelo he would take it too seriously and kill them both off.

I shrugged, not coming up with anything useful to say.

"I don't know either," he admitted. Why did he make it seem like that was a bad thing? So what if he didn't have a plan for once? "I know you probably wouldn't want them dead, being the saint that you are," he said with an eye roll, "That basically rules out everything I was planning."

Something told me that wasn't necessarily true.

"I don't want Sienna anywhere near her kids, and I don't want my mom anywhere near ours. That's all I really care about right now."

It looked as though a lightbulb went off in his head, "We'll see what the bambini think."

Uh...what kind of an idea was that? If he thought Soph and Sio were going to think any differently than he always does, he was sorely mistaken. They studied everything he did and would only answer in ways they thought he would.

"They're gonna choose to have them killed, Angelo. Sophia does whatever she thinks you'd do and Alessio doesn't get attached to anything. I think he even likes murder so we both know what he's going to say."

"Lorenzo than. He'll know. I know he feels the same way you do. He won't want them dead, but he'll think of something."

I wasn't so sure putting Lorenzo in charge was such a good thing.

"What's the deal on that by the way?" I asked. "Is he still living with us? I mean, I have no problem with Eloisa and Jaxton, but Lorenzo..."

"What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine."

Ugh.