Desperate Kisses

"Oh my fuck," Angelo grumbled and removed his arm from my waist to grab his cellphone that was on the nightstand on my side for some reason.

"Turn it off," I responded in the same exact tone he had used seconds before. The black room was instantly lit up by his phone and I retreated under the covers. "Really?"

"Two seconds." More than two seconds had gone by by the time that he responded to whatever he had just heard, "Fuuuuuuck."

I threw the covers off my head and looked at him. "What?"

"Lorenzo."

"What about him?" I asked as he rolled out of bed and walked into the closet.

"I don't know. He needs to be picked up from the airport though," he walked out of the closet in a new pair of pants, struggling to put a shirt on in the semi dark.

"So you're going to get him? It's kinda late for that, don't you think? Please come back to bed. Cuddle me," I whined.

"When I get back. I'll be right back," he came back over to the bed, "Hopefully," he kissed my forehead softly, "I love you."

"I love you too."

_______________________

There was a weird feeling on my back as soon as I woke up the next morning. I turned onto my other side, the one I'd hope to see Angelo on.

It was kind of Angelo. A miniature version.

Alessio was laying in a fetal position, pressed as close against me as he possibly could have been. He was like a leech, but he was my leech and I loved him to death.

He opened his eyes and smiled a huge smile, "Good morning, mama."

"Good morning. Where's your dad?" A more important question popped into my head at that moment," "Where are your clothes, Alessio?"

He had a pair of tighty whities and that was it. Free spirit, "It was hot," he whined and rolled away from me, "Zio is here."

"Zio?"

"Uncle Lorenzo. Zio Lorenzo. He's on the couch."

I sat up and shot out of bed. If he was here, did that mean Sienna was too? He was on the couch, that implied he had spent the night. What the hell?

I opened the bedroom door and followed the voices into the kitchen, Alessio following closely behind me, "Where are your clothes?" Angelo asked as soon as we walked in.

I walked past him a little bit to get to the cup set out on the counter, his cup, filled with coffee, "I asked him the same question," I said before taking a sip of the coffee.

It was too damn hot.

"I was talking to you."

I set the cup down slowly and looked at him, "What?" I asked, feigning innocence. "I always wear this." I found comfort in his tee shirts, the ones he never really wore anyways and some spandex shorts you couldn't even see under the shirt. My legs looked nice though and that's almost all I cared about.

Angelo made a subtle hand motion into the living room, "We have a guest now though."

"Yeah, that reminds me. Why is he here?"

"Family matters," he said before walking away.

Uh, no?

I chased after him, hell bent on figuring out why Lorenzo was here, "I am a member of this family though, am I not?" I held up my hand with the big ass diamond ring on it and wiggled my fingers just 'cause I could, "Aren't I a D'Amico too? I think I deserve at least that." I followed him into the bedroom and he responded by quickly closing and locking the door behind us and then trapping me between the wall and his body.

A surprised gasp left my mouth before Angelo's lips desperately found mine. One of his arms snaked around my waist as the other one made its way up to my face, where he cupped my cheek. He hoisted me up, my back still pressed firmly to the wall and my legs now wrapped around his own waist.

Angelo switched his attention to my jawline and started placing kisses along it feverishly before moving to my neck. As he did so, I let my fingers roam through his hair.

He stopped his kisses altogether and instead pressed his nose against mine. His eyes were wide, displaying a somewhat stressed state of mind. "Are you ok?" I whispered before softly pecking his lips.

He seemed to be debating whether or not he should tell me what he was actually feeling. He eventually shook his head and then dropped it onto my shoulder, "No."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked as a last resort. I pretty much already knew the answer was going to be no. He didn't really share much.

"No...just-"

"Daddy!" Sophia screamed from right outside the door, "Alessio took my marshmallows!"

Angelo groaned loudly and released his hold from me. He sucked in a deep breath, composing himself, "Duty calls."

"Go get 'em, tiger."

He gave me a crazy/amused look before leaving the room.

____________________

"You're a very boring person to be around sometimes," I threw myself right in from of Angelo so that he had no choice but to acknowledge my presence. We sat at the dining room table in the mafia house. Sophia and Alessio were with Dom and Lilly this time because I was promised some us time, but it was actually turning out to be Angelo time. He had been on his phone the whole time while I sat next to him and tried to snoop.

"Ya know, I bought you that damn phone for a reason. Why don't you use it for two minutes while I finish this up?" He said.

I took it out of my pocket in a defeated rage and put it on the table in front of me, "Are you going to tell me while Lorenzo is holed up in our apartment now? Where's Sienna and their...satan spawn?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Can you be nice?"

"No. I hold grudges."

"Oh, I know. I know," Angelo turned his phone off and set it down in front of him. "Sienna left him. Took his children god knows where-"

My jaw dropped and I really wasn't sure why because I wasn't surprised. Not at all. "So you're letting him stay with us and our kids? Doesn't he have friends?"

"He's my brother, Chloe. He came to me, and do you really think his friends are a good influence on him, because I don't."

"Well, I don't think he's a good influence on Soph and Sio," I mumbled. "He really has no clue where she could have gone? Not a single one? She didn't say anything?"

"So he says."

"Can't you find her? Like get your people on that."

"Uh...no. Do you know who I am now? Nobody. My importance went from 100 to 0 real fucking fast. I can't get anybody traced. I can't even have you tracked without having to ask my father first and I really don't fucking want him knowing where you are because then Tony knows and there's something...unfriendly about him. I don't like how he looks at you."

"Hmmm...took you long enough."

He sighed, "Are you ready?"

"For what?"

"You said you wanted to do something. We're going to watch drama and it will be great. I hope."

"What are you talking about?"

"You'll see."

I suddenly remembered something that hasn't been discussed at all recently and I feared I was taking my life into my own hands by bringing it up, "Did your mom ever come back?"

He froze and shook his head.

"Is she...?"

"I'm not talking about it right now, Clo."