༶•┈┈⛧┈♛17♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Jennette frowned as she glared at lucas. Lucas just grinned back, his grin honestly reminded her of the shity grin wally used to give her when he taught he said something smart.

They were talking about who could send jennette here and lucas pulled forward a theory that maybe it was athy to which jennette obviously denied.

"Think about it princess. She isn't following the storyline either is she?, plus if someone hated you enough to make you the Unfortunate princess won't she be egoistic enough to be the precious wanted one?" Lucas explained. Jennette stayed silent, the magician made a point... Plus she had her cryptic dreams to back it up.

In the manhwa, athy through her dreams figured the backstory of Claude and Diana.. Maybe the same is happening to her.

"If.. If athy is not the real athy.. Then who can it be?" Jennette whispered to herself. Lucas shrugged.

"Who hated you enough in your past life to do this?"

Aisha imagined a certain grey eyes.

Jennette shook her head. "I don't know... all of this is so weird" Lucas devilish grin returned. "Yeah weird and amusing" His eyes looked at her as if she was the most interesting thing he saw in a while.

Jennette ignored his stare on her, choosing to look at her hand. She was.. Afraid. Someone could actually hate her enough to watch her being reborn as the foil to the main princess? Just to see her suffer being unloved?

"Hey... Chimera?" Lucas said getting Jennette's attention. "I am hungry"

Of course you are.

Jennette was writing down some things about the obelian empire. Mainly the taxing System and the magic systems.

"Are you planning on becoming a scholar?" Lucas asked appearing besides her. Jennette shook her head.

"No I just like reading and writing down things that catch my attention" Jennette explained. "It's an easy distraction from all my feelings... I like to hyperfix at one thing"

Lucas stared at her "you need better support system is what I am seeing" He commented. Jennette pouted to herself.

"Don't act like you are the healthy individual in the room, you would destroy empires just for the fun of it" Jennette lectured "also. I gave you a bunch of snacks, so why are you hovering over me?"

"Because I am bored and I need my playmate to entertain me" Lucas said smirking. "Come on, I saved your life didn't i?"

"Are you seriously gonna keep that over my head everytime you want something?" Jennette's asked and then sighed as she saw Lucas's smirk. In a weird way, she found the guy entertaining herself. She let out a small smile.

Lucas stared at her a little puzzled "there you go again... Smiling fondly.. Why do you smile like that?" He asked. Jennette's just chuckled.

"You antics remind me of someone from my past life"

Jennette's again had a soft look on her face that made Lucas almost wonder who she was thinking about. He then shook his head "anyways, let's have fun playmate"

Jennette closed her book, getting up. "So whats the plan? How exactly are we supposed to have fun?"

Lucas grinned as he suddenly become tall and picked Jennette up. Jennette quietly shrieked immediately putting her arms around his shoulder.

"Trust me chimera?" The magician asked. Jennette stared at him before quietly nodding. Lucas gave his signature smirk and suddenly Jennette found them flying over obelia.

Considering nobody looked up at the flying duo, she guessed that they were invisible. Jennette stared at the empire in awe. It looked beautiful.

"Lucas.. This is.." She didn't have words. Lucas stared at her before he said "so amazed already? This is nothing. A common sight for a great magician as myself" His tone was still cocky.

Jennette glanced at him and then chuckled "okay then great magician show me a sight that you find beautiful" She asked, staring at him as if giving him a challenge "let's see if I find it as endearing as you"

Lucas smile look almost manic but Jennette could see he took the challenge by heart. They suddenly teleported again... On top of a modern city.

Jennette gasped in realization. This was... Her old home.

She turned her head to face Lucas, who stared at her. The city lights keeping the place as bright as she remembered.

"You... Find this place beautiful?" Jennette asked staring at her old home. Lucas hummed as he replied "any new sight is beautiful, because it's new. I just peaked at your memories. We aren't actually there..."

Jennette just looked at the scenery mesmerized. Before tugging Lucas gently.

"I wanna show you something"

Lucas raised his eyebrows in interest as he followed the direction given only to see a tree.

"You wanted to show me a tree?" Lucas asked, Jennette giggled as she said "not any tree.. My special comfort tree.. Nobody knows about this place except me"

And donna...

"And me" Lucas said suddenly "I know now" Jennette nodded before staring at the tree.

"I.. Wanted to let my friends know about this place.. But, the last person I showed it to.. Ended up not being who I thought she was.. So I was hesitant to show them this tree.. But after I lost my life as Aisha, I have this regret of not sharing this place with anyone" Jennette explained softly.

"... So you choose me?"

"Yeah"

Jennette didn't know when Lucas let her down to check the tree out and say it was normal and boring but she does know that she was the one that dragged him towards a shaddy spot of the tree, making him lay down next to her stargazing.

After a peaceful silent, she heard a quiet whisper "..i can see why this boring place can be your comfort place chimera"

Jennette closed her eyes. Remembering both her lifetimes. One that she left and one that she is living.

I... Why did I jump? Because I couldn't handle donna?

Because I couldn't handle the bullying?
But she wasn't the first, my parents were worse...

Was it.. Was it because it hurt being bullied by her? She was my first friend..

But I had others too.. And I.

She remembered Claude's words about his own survival. Claude felt like he had nothing but that wasn't true. He has felix, and once he had Diana and then athy... But it was still hard wasn't it?

Jennette taught about it.

Why didn't I.. Fight for myself? Did I had to take donna's treatment? Should have I taken my role as two criminals daughter to heart?

Why didn't I fight?

Ivan once told me, my feelings are valid but I should still think through them... But I failed to do so and took a decision knowing it would hurt my friends...

And in this life I was about to do the same... And in this life... I have people too... Ijekeil, uncle Roger, Felix, lily, athy and... Claude.

Jennette opened her eyes and glanced at Lucas.

"Lucas...?"

"Hm?"

"I think I have made up my mind. I will continue living"

"You are a very dramatic chimera"