8

Maura's cabin was huge with a pool inside and outside. Katelyn and her boyfriend had Maura's woman cave. Maura, myself,Nina, Barry, Frankie and Linda were in the main cabin.
Katelyn: Sis some of dad's people will be staying with me and Drake in the cabin. Paddy's says we can be in danger here. I just going to tell the others they are some of Drake's friends who wanted to spend time with us. Don't worry they will are clean shaven per Paddy. Mom said it's best they are close to us.
Maura: I won't lie to Jane and the others.
Jane: Babe you ready to go hiking?
Maura: Yes but some of my dad's people will be with us and staying in the woman cave. My sister just told me and our mother says it's for the best while we are up here. We will just say they are Drake's friends. Katelyn says they are clean shaven.
Jane: This is your cabin so what you says go.  I told your mother I would protect you. My family knows who Paddy is. My parents are thrilled about it. Tommy worships your dad. None of us understand why but it's Tommy being Tommy.

The men arrived with their suitcases.  They introduced themselves to everyone. They excused themselves to put their suitcases away and change into more comfortable clothes.  We all waited outside the man cave with our bottles of water. They exited and Katelyn turned on the alarm. We all left for our hike.

I was surprised these men were down to earth.  If Maura hadn't told us who they were none of us would of known except for Katelyn and Maura.  They were young and very fit. They were very observant.  We finished our hike and went into town for lunch. We all paid for our own and left tips.

Katelyn: I ordered us all groceries.  They will be at our cabins in an hour. We should head back to them and wait for them to be delivered.   Drake's friends will bring them all in.

We all drove back. The delivery was waiting for us. We all went inside and let the men handle it.  Jane and Frankie watched and then inspect all the groceries before they left. 

Ms. Isles everything checked out. Where would you like these?
Maura: Please leave everything in the kitchen on the table. We will put everything away.

We got rid of one bag that had something in it.
Maura: What was in it?

A bomb that was meant for you.  Your father was notified. He is sending men to handle it. He wants us to stay with you. I will be here until he calls me. I am sorry it has to be this way.
One of the others is bringing my luggage and gear. I will sleep on the couch downstairs.
Jane: Maura did I hear him say a bomb and he is staying with us?
Maura: Yes and that is all I can say.
Jane: Excuse me who is after my gal?
I am sorry I  am not at liberty to state.  Please just know more men will be arriving and will be outside around the property to keep all safe.  You all may have guns but not the experience as we all do. It's for all safety and a top priority from my boss.
Everyone helped putting the groceries away.  None of us liked this but accepted it since this is Maura's, and Dr. Martin's lives.

We all decided except for Paddy's men to play darts and billiards while sipping on beers and eating nachos with cheese.

Katelyn: Jane I know this is all knew to you.  We didn't know about Paddy until we got into Stanford.  We know this isn't the norm. Unfortunately,  it's our norm.Drake has accepted this. We hope you will accept it to.

I look at Maura who shoots the eight ball in the corner. I nod my hair.