13

I went to my class broken hearted to listen to my college professor about ethics. I laughed yeah right ethics.
Ms Rizzoli what is funny?
Jane: Sorry it won't happen again.

He continues with his lecture and I listen also taking notes . Maura has a meet that I was planning to go to with some friends.  After class I  asked one of my friends to record it for me, since I couldn't make it.

Barry: Jane your brother told me.I  am so sorry. Maura looks like shit besides all the hickies you left on her. She normally covers them as you do too.
Jane: We agreed we wouldn't.  Barry thanks.  Are you going to her meet?
Barry: Nina, Drake, Katelyn and Dr. Martin is going. We will be seeing her step brother and step sister too.

Barry opens his arms for me. I enter his arms and just ball like a little kid. He just holds me and allows me to cry until I cam get my composure back.

Drake: Katelyn I bought our tickets.  I saw Jane and Maura.They look miserable.
Katelyn: I know and there is nothing I can do. I know my family at times is hard to be around.With our father and his enemies isn't easy on our relationships . I am worried about my sister.

We said our goodbyes.  We went our separate ways to our classes.

Jane and Barry entered their history class together.  Jane face was red still.We sat down and took our pen,  text boom and legal pad out to take notes on. I noticed Jane was writing anything down. I  would take the notes and let her copy them later on.

We all were in the aquatic center. I was in the water swimming before the actual meet started.  I see my family and friends and wave to them.  The coach blows his whistle for us to get out.

I swam but didn't win any of my events today. My heart was into it.  I hated my Jane not being here for me.  I spoke with my coach and told him I quit. He told me that I would have to pay for the scholarship.  I told him to have them send me the bill and I would write a check.  I left to walk to take a shower.

Dr. Martin: Sweetie your coach told me you quit.  I know you are hurting but this is something you love and you are close being chosen for th Olympics.
Maura: Mom yes and I don't care about it. I know it was one of the items on my bucket list. I don't have the will nor the passion anymore.  I am going to go home and eat dinner and study. 

I kissed my mom goodbye and walked to my car.
Katelyn: Sis please don't quit. This is a one time opportunity  to represent your country.  I know your hurting.
Maura: Katelyn I am going home and picking up some dinner then study. I don't want to talk about it further.  I also want to be left alone.

I hugged Katelyn and left.

Drake:Katelyn just give her some space.  We need to support her even if it hurts.

I hugged my boyfriend.  I got into his car and we left.  I was staying in his dorm tonight. I knew if I went home tonight.  I would blow it.

Barry: Jane she lost all her meets and she quit the team.
Jane: I  saw her meets but quitting. She worked so hard for it.  I am off to go for a jog by myself. 

I left and called Maura.

I  see it's Jane calling me and I answer it.

Jane: Maur I saw your meets. Babe I wish you would of won. Please don't quit the team. You worked hard. The Olympics is on your bucket list.
Maura: J I don't have the desire anymore.  If I never met you, I probably would. Not anymore.  I have to go before I do something stupid. 
Jane: Baby please be safe.  You will always have my heart.

I ended the call and jogged until I could not anymore.  I finally returned home and drank two bottles of gatorade before taking a shower and going to bed.  I had one more game of basketball before my season ended. We were in third place.  My last game would be tomorrow.