26

It was a media frenzy out front of the court house. Parking was even worse. I drove my car a mile away to find Parking and caught a cab to get to the court house. I didn't have to pay for parking which was the only positive for having to park so far away but had to pay for the cab. When the judge came in I was surprised to see Judge Judy as the judge. I thought what the hell. We did our opening statements.  I saw my angel and she smiled at me. I called a scientist who did an analysis on the drug. Judge Judy was impressed with her.  She told us the ingredients was inaccurate and that is why people were not doing well on it. The three Pfizer attorneys were shocked as well as the opposition including Maura.   Pfizer head attorney asked for a day to have their scientist to check the facts.  I was thrilled when Judge Judy told her no. The opposition along with the president of Pfizer was appalled. I knew now this was going to be a win for me. The scientist stepped down. My next witness was a former employee of Pfizer. He testified that he made a report to his department head and showed the documentation that stated what the scientist I had hired stated. My next witness had a video recording showing all in attendance what was used and who did it.  Pfizer president said he would settle for what the class action suit asked for. My clients were happy as well as their loved ones in the court and outside of the court room.
Judge Judy asked for the chemist who tampered with the ingredients to be found and arrested. Maura came up to me and kissed me. She was glad when the class action suit was being done that Stanford hospital sent all the pulls back. They would be suing Pfizer as well. I knew the president of Pfizer would be fired.

The media was hell but I got to speak to them and it was all over the news and media in various and countries besides the United States. I was proud of myself and knew the attorneys that had partnership in the law firm would be proud of me and the investigator for finding the truth.  I decided to have one of Paddy's men drive me back to my BMW.  I drove back to the firm and the CEO had champagne and food ready to celebrate.
He toasted me and told me I would enjoy my commission as well as the firm has when it arrives.  We celebrated and I was still in shock this case ended up being easy buy took alot of hours for it to be a win for my clients.  I took the rest of the week off and a few weeks off for family leave.  I called my mom and told her about the win. She told me my aunt's called her. We woul celebrate Julianne being adopted and my win on Sunday.  I ended the call and drove home. My little brother was waiting for me.

Tommy:Sis I am so proud of you. We all our.
Jane: Thanks Tommy.  I wish all my cases were like this. I am going to go change and go play golf. I will pay for you if your interested.

He agreed and after I changed, we took Julianne's truck as it was finished. I figured I would pick her up to surprise her. Tommy drove his jeep which was my old one.  Tommy and I had a blast playing.   I beat him.  We bought a beer afterwards and sat in the clubhouse drinking our one beer. I told Tommy all I had done and both of our families had done so far. He said he was proud of me for today and new I would be a good mom. We left and I headed to the high school to get my daughter.
Avery: Auntie congratulations.We saw it in our political science class. My teacher was shocked you were the attorney.  He told me I should be proud of you.  I told him I am.  Julianne will be out shortly.  She is just finishing up taking a shower.  I am going to get going home now,  since your here to get baby girl.  I like her truck.

We hugged and my niece left.

Julianne: Mom all I heard today after the verdict how lucky I  am to have you as my mother.  I told people I hit the lottery having two mothers who love me unconditionally. 
Jane: You can drive.  Here's the keys.  Your uncle and I were golfing. Thus the reason for my golf equipment in the bed of the truck.   How was your first day here?
Julianne: A little overwhelming but good. I already made friends.

We left and we stopped to get some ice cream and ate it outside because mu daughter didn't want a mess in her truck.
We left to the hospital to find out what Maura wanted for dinner. I text her saying I was coming with our daughter and I was now on family leave. I asked her what she wanted for dinner. She said she would give her co-workers the dinner I made for two people. She asked me to go to her sisters restaurant.  She would call Juanita to tell her what she wanted and we could orders ours when we got there.