12

We had retuned from Elk Grove from Linda's funeral.   My brother was going out to the pub with some of his buddies to unwind. Maura and the rest of us were going back to oit homes to study.

Several days had passed. My aunt Kiki came over to my condo while I was studying.
Kiki: Jane the family is worried about you. You have hooked up with this Maura gal too soon and now your life is on the line. I had to be searched to come and see you. I didn't care for it.  My brother has spoken with you as well as others.  Your only listening with your heart and hormones.
Jane: Auntie I have fallen for her.
Kiki: I have a business proposition for you.
Jane: I am listening.
Kiki: You graduate in a few months. Your paid internship will end as well as your basketball scholarship.  I will pay your entire school loans off if you stop seeing Maura altogether. Please think about and you have until nine to agree or disagree with me today. I love you and want to see you grow old and have a family. I always thought you as my own daughter. Everyone knows that.

My aunt got up and put her dinner dishes after rinsing them in the dishwasher. My roommate Barry wasn't home. I had my condo all to myself tonight. He was staying at Nina's tonight.  I hugged my aunt and walked her to her blue Porsche.

I was walking back inside when Maura was walking up to me. I carried her back pack inside.

Maura: J your aunt didn't look to happy to see me.
Jane: She came for dinner while I was studying.  She and my family are worried about me. They are worried I could be killed by accident.  She made a proposition for me. I have to decide by nine tonight.
Maura: What type of proposition?
Jane: I  am to stop seeing you and she will pay my school loans off for me. I won't have to worry about making monthly payments.
Maura: I see your families point. I cannot promise you nor others won't get hurt. What do you want to do?

Maura held my hands and I looked at her eyes. I wasn't sure what I would do.
We decided to study some before we decided to make love in the shower.

Jane: I  am close to another. I  can lie to her and everyone else that we are not seeing one another. Maur I am falling for you hard and don't want we have in a short time to end.
Maura: I  don't want you to lie to anyone. Please call your aunt and let her know you will take her offer. I know if I offered to pay your school loans off you wouldn't allow it. Or would you?

I was thinking in my head. Jane please say yes.

Jane looks at me and tells me her pride won't allow me to pay her school loans off.  She kisses me and we reciprocate.  Jane pulls back and states let's enjoy tonight.  She will text her aunt stating tomorrow she will do as she asked.  Her aunt responded she was happy and would tell her siblings. Jane turns off her cell and connects it to the charger. We made love the entire night until close to three before we fell asleep.
The following morning we woke up and while taking a shower making more love and marking our bodies with multiple hickies. We got out and agreed we wouldn't cover them up. Jane made us pancakes and bacon with coffee for breakfast while I got ready.  We ate and we both cried when I told her goodbye.

I told Paddy's people that their services wouldn't be required here or anywhere where Nina or Jane's family were at.

My father met me at campus.

Paddy: Maura I am so sorry it ended.  It probably is for the better.
Maura: HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT.  THE FIRST GAL I TRULY LOVED AND YOU SAY THAT. I HATE YOU BEING MY FATHER.  JUST STAY OUT OF MY LIFE AND YOUR PEOPLE TOO. IF I AM KILLED SO BE IT.
Paddy: I  won't do it but will leave.

He left and I went inside my class.  I had a few months before my residency and long inhuman hours would begin.