17

Jane woke up and noticed her mother's writing on the front of the envelope.

Maura: Please read it when you're ready. Your brothers are making us lunch in the kitchen. I told them you are just mad at the adults which is true. Babe I love you and you need your brothers,  cousins and friends. Please don't keep them at bay.
Jane: I won't. I think my brothers are making our Nani Rizzoli raviolis and foccaci bread for lunch.  I will read my mother's letter when I am ready. I am starving.  Can I have a beer with lunch doc?
Maura: No not for several days no alcohol. I have ice tea, juice water or pink lemonade.

We get up and Jane leaves the letter on the coffee table. We walk to the kitchen. She immediately gives her brothers a hug. I pour us all ice tea for lunch. I suggested we sit in the kitchen after Tommy states he is afraid to mess up my dining room or break a crystal glass.

We all bring the salad, foccaci, bread. Raviolis and a pitcher of ice tea to the table. I get the linen napkins,silverware and, plates and bowls.

Tommy: Maura fancy napkins. Ouch!

Frankie hits Tommy in the back of his head.  We all serve ourselves.  Jane says so prayer before we eat our lunch.

Maura: You guys clean as you go not like your sister.
Frankie: MA all taught us that but Jane is rebellious and hopefully is better in keeping her room clean.
Maura: I have maid's come in several times during the week, but Jane I don't like slobs. So you will have to change your ways if you live here with me.
Tommy: I but you twenty dollars Maura she won't be able to do it for a week starting tomorrow.

Jane glares at Tommy.  I take the bet. Jane hands Tommy a twenty from her wallet. We all laugh.

Jane: I am not perfect but will work on it for you my angel.

Jane kisses my cheek and we continue to eat.
Frankie: Sis I am moving out and MA is throwing a fit. She thinks I am too young.
Jane: Do you have a place? Yes, I got a condo not far from the police station. I can afford it.  Our cousins, Tommy, Barry and I are moving.  Auntie Kiki and Auntie Gloria bought me furniture to furnish it. I saved up money to get my fitness equipment.  I sold my motorcycle and bought a Chevy truck. It's parked outside. I am not ready to date. I am still going to individual therapy and it's going well.
Jane: If you need help or monet, let me know.
Frankie: Nah,I am good.
Maura: These raviolis are very tasty and the foccaci bread is yummy.  I wish my Nani would taught me how to make things like this. I can bake and cook other things. Jane the contractor will be here will be here today to measure the room. You will have to tell them what you want.  I would like the shelves to be wood and stained.  I had an alarm installed on your door too. I know you will need to keep confidential files in there.
Tommy: Yeah she didn't allow us in that room or her office.
Jane: I will need to unpack my law books.
Maura: Lets get the room done first and order the furniture. 

We finished our lunch. The guys left and we cleaned up.
The contractor showed up and I turned off the alarm abd unlocked the door. I handed Jane  the keys.  I told her I had an extra locked up with the extra keys.  She and the contractor went in the room to discuss what she wanted.  It didn't take long. He said he would return Monday morning early. Jane had a few days to recover still. She would be here for him and his crew as well as when the furniture would arrive once she made her decision on the style etcetera.  She was paying for the decor. I was paying for the supplies and labor since it was my home.  He left after I wrote him a check for 1/3 of it and signed the contract.

Maura: Babe I am going to go swimming. You can watch me or go take a nap.

Jane decided to watch me. She knew we couldn't have sex for six months until we found out all of her test results.  She felt like an idiot. I stayed celebate even though I dated men. She would be the only woman for me.
I removed my clothes and shoes and dived in the poop naked.  The look on Jane's face was priceless.  She whistled and complimented my figure as I swam.