Chapter Three

Hey guys, so I changed the title of this book, now it's called "Just Friends". Sorry if that caused any confusion, by I realized it fit the story line I have planned out WAY better than "Meet me there". Again, sorry for any confusion.

I woke up late the next morning. Jenny came and woke me up around noon.

"Come on, lazy butt," she said, shaking me awake. "We have to set up your room!"

"Alright, alright!" I giggled as she started to poke me. "I'm getting up!"

Jenny took me on a tour of the place, showing me how to get around. There wasn't much to show. Her flat was pretty tiny.

I wasn't meeting Dan until tomorrow, and I hadn't told Jenny yet. I figured I should soon, but I was nervous. What if she got hurt that he was the main contributor to me moving?

It took me nearly three hours of internal struggling. I raised my hammer, about to pound in a nail. We were working on building my desk. Then, I suddenly blurted, "Jenny!"

Jenny wore green shorts, a green tank top, and had her hair pulled up in a sloppy bun. It looked good. She glanced up when she heard me. There was a black smudge on her cheek. She was working on the legs of the desk.

"Hmm?" She asked.

"Um, I have a confession to make," I mumbled, feeling suddenly very scared. What if Jenny kicked me out?

"I already know, Lil," Jenny said softly. She smiled, a little sadly. "I know that the audition isn't the only reason you moved in with me."

My jaw dropped. "And you're okay with it?" I asked stupidly.

"Of course," shrugged Jenny. "You're my best friend. I'm just glad to have you back. But forgive me for asking, what is it that persuaded you?"

My mind had gone blank. It's like I'd had a great plan for a beautiful drawing, but the moment the pencil touched paper, all I drew was a straight line. It's like I was a robot, and my circuits had shorted.

Then something clicked, and I threw my arms around Jenny, bursting into tears.

Jenny's eyes widened and she patted me awkwardly on the back. "Um... are you alright?" She asked nervously. "You don't have to tell me, I understand."

"No, no," I sniffled. What happened to me? I wasn't normally weepy. "It's not that. I just was so scared you would be angry. Thank you for not... you know, being angry."

I rocked back on my heels, wiping a sleeve across my cheeks. I heard a soft pitter patter on the roof. It had started to rain.

I saw Jenny glance up, surprised. "It's raining in June... strange. Well, I should be used to it by now. Grey, boring London. Be right back, Lil. I'm gonna go change."

My friend got to her feet, and left the room, heading for her own. While she was gone, I furiously wiped my eyes with my grey sweater. No, it's called a jumper here, I told myself. You have to try and fit in, Lillette!

By the time Jenny returned in pajama pants and a jumper of her own, I was better.

"So," Jenny began, resuming her position by the metal legs of the desk. "Are you going to tell me?" Her tone was curious, but not annoyed. This is why I loved her.

"Yeah," I said shakily, swallowing. "Sorry."

Jenny shrugged.

"Okay... Jenny, do you watch YouTube?"

She shrugged again. "A little, not much. If I'm bored I sometimes go on."

"Who have you seen?"

Her brow furrowed as she thought. "Umm... well, I've seen a girl who lives in LA... and those twins, I think they were called JacksClap or something...."