Chapter Ten

I came back into the living room, throwing my blanket at Dan. He caught it, and examined the print. It showed the entire cast of Firefly with the word "Firefly" in giant orange letters across the top and "Serenity" in giant silver letters across the bottom.

"You have a slight obsession," he told me.

"I know!" I chirped, walking over to the microwave and pulling out the pizza. I checked the time. It was one in the afternoon.

Just as I set down the pizza and got out Serenity, Dan's phone rang. He groaned, and pulled it out. "Hello?"

I turned, watching him. His eyebrows knit, then raised, then his mouth dropped open. "Um... yeah, alright, I'll ask her. That's great, man! I'm happy for you!" He pulled the phone from his face and asked me, "Hey, do you think I could stay the night?"

I was startled. "Um... yeah, er, I guess. I suppose, uh huh. I don't see why not...." I shook myself. "Yes, Dan, you can stay the night!"

He grinned. "Great!" He put the phone to his ear again. "She said yes. It's all good. Have a great night, and congrats! Okay, bye." He hung up.

"What was that about?" I asked, putting the DVD into the slot.

"Phil and Jenny are staying the night at our flat," he said.

"What?" I gasped.

He nodded, grinning. "I know, right? Thanks for letting me stay, by the way. I get that we haven't known each other that long, but I wanted to give them their free time."

"Understandably," I conceded, standing up with the remote in my hand. "Do you, um, maybe wanna save this for later tonight?"

His brown eyes met mine slowly. Our gazes locked. Then he said in a soft tone, "Sure. Sounds great."

I flushed, turning away. Goddamn!

"So, what do you want to do?" He asked.

"Well, we can always film another video," I said with a slight smirk.

Dan threw back his head and laughed. "My subscribers are gonna think I've gone nuts! Two videos in two days! Blimey!"

I snickered. "So, that's a yes?"

"What would we film?" He asked.

I thought about this. "I'm planning on making a second channel. We could maybe do a vlog, or a who's more likely to?"

Dan thought about this. "I like that idea! Okay, go get your camera and your laptop, two sheets of paper, and two markers."

I nodded, going into my bedroom and rummaging through my drawers. I came out with two giant, extra thick pieces of paper, a green marker and a red marker, my camera in my hand and my laptop under my arm.

I set down the laptop on our coffee table, the camera next to it. Then I handed Dan the markers and paper. "Oh!" I exclaimed. "I need a tripod!"

"Do you have a light?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "Not yet."

He shrugged. "That's alright. We don't need one."

I returned to my room, and dug around in my closet, retrieving my tripod. Then I came back into the living room where Dan was scribbling on the paper, which he had folded in half.

I set up the tripod, then lifted up my camera, pointed it at myself, and pressed "record."

"Hey, everyboo!" I greeted the camera, adding a spin to the word "everybody". "So, here is my first vlog! Ooo, vlogging. I know, so special and unique." Dan laughed in the background. "Shut up! Well, this is my flat, and that's Dan--" I pointed the camera at him.