Chapter 8

BRIONNA P.O.V.

Mommy?

Yes baby? I asked as I tucked Malike into his bed.

Can you hurt this lady?!

What lady baby, why would I hurt her?

Cause she hurt daddy!

When? Today while you was with him?

No along time ago! He said she raped him when we was in Target. He was scared he had this look in his eyes how I do when I'm scared that's how I know she scared him.

Baby your daddy is very strong and he's not scared of anything. He's so brave and did you know he's like a superhero.

Really?!

Yeahhhh, people looks to him for help. He's Superman! But I don't want you to worry about any of that or no one getting hurt. If someone was to hurt daddy you better believe your mommy will hurt them real bad if they do! But you go to sleep okay. I love you little guy.

I love you too mommy! I kissed his forehead, hit his night light on his stand and left the room. I checked on Dream and she was knodding off falling asleep. The damn Barbie dream house wore her and James out tryna put it together.
I kissed her forehead and fixed her in bed so she wouldn't fall. I hit her night light and left the room.

I went downstairs to grab something to eat and I was starving but was startled because James was still here. He said he had something important to do so I thought he'd be gone by now. I came up behind him and hugged his waist kissing his back.

You not tired? He asked putting his gun down.

No, just hungry! You okay?

Yeah...

You sure?

Yes! Are you okay?

No actually I'm not!

He turned around and wrapped his arms around me. "What's wrong?" He asked lifting my chin up to look me in my eyes.

I'm worried about you. Malike mentioned that y'all seen some woman who hurt you. Do you want me to fuckin kill that lady!

What I want you to do is worry about nothing and I mean nothing! Just keep raising our beautiful children, worry about the one that's in there and keep being the most beautiful wife in the world. I may or may not have a list of everyone who's gonna die this weekend.

First off a list is crazy! I laughed. "I know you don't want me to worry about stuff but I can't help when I see things affecting you. Your not alone anymore and I know I been telling you this for the last 10 years but I mean it every time I say it James. Your my husband and mean the world to me. I'll do anything behind you including kill anyone and she can be the first one."

I know you will! I got this baby. I gotta go I'll be back okay!

I pulled him back towards me and kissed him. "I love you, James come back home to me!"

I love you! He kissed me again and picked his motorcycle helmet up and left out. I took a deep sigh and watched as he sped down the driveway from our surveillance cameras on the kitchen monitor.
I made some chicken, rice, and broccoli soup for dinner so I warmed that up to eat a bowl. I made my way into the living room to watch tv and eat my food. 

My family was my everything so I was stepping behind them 10 toes down. Before I let anybody play with one of mine I'll go eat some jail food.