Chapter 39;

I woke up the next morning groggy and exhausted. My mouth was dry and I wasn't in Ashton's bed anymore. I was on the couch in the basement. I sat up and looked around, multiple people were passed out sporadically throughout the room I was in. I threw the blankets off of me and stormed upstairs. I was pissed. Who the hell would just dump me in the basement? More importantly, why would Ashton let them?

I found Ashton and the boys sitting around the kitchen table drinking coffee making small talk.

"Does anyone want to explain why the hell I just woke up in the basement with a bunch of other people?" I asked pouring myself a cup of coffee.

"You're the one who went down there. You insisted you sleep on the couch down there. You even pushed Jesse off of the couch so you could sleep there." Michael informed me.

"Yea, you wouldn't stop fighting with me about it. You thought you were annoying me. As much as I tried to convince you that you weren't the more you believed you were." Ashton added. 

"I just feel like that's not true. Because how wouldn't I remember?" I asked.

"Because," Ashton cleared his throat awkwardly, "after Mike walked in on us last night, you came out here and downed like six shots." Ashton smirked, taking a drag on his coffee.

"And you let me?!?"

"Lucy! Do you know how hard you are to control?! If you want something god dammit you're getting it." Ash huffed.

"Fuck, this isn't good at all." I sighed setting my cup down on the counter.

"Luce, it was one time. Your doctor even told you it was okay very occasionally. Just not to do it so often." 

"You're right I guess." I shook my head and walked off towards Ashton's bedroom. I went in his closet and grabbed out a simple outfit to wear. I jumped in the shower and washed away the filth my body was drenched in.

In the middle of my shower, the bathroom door swung open and Ashton came in.

"Are you okay baby?" He wondered.

"Yea, I'll be alright. I have to go to my obgyn doctor later."

"For what?"

"Just to check me, standard checkup. I have to ask them a few questions about being able to get pregnant and what not. It's not a big deal." I shrugged as if Ashton could see me.

"Why wouldn't you be able to get pregnant?" He asked with concern in his tone.

"Because I just had cancer Ashton." I murmured, rinsing conditioner out of my hair.

"Soo, why does that matter?" He asked still confused.

"I will talk to you about it when I get out. You can come with me if you want." I stated.

"Okay. I love you."

"Love you too."

-

"You've gotta go left here." I told Ashton on our way to the obgyn.

"Okay." He mumbled, turning down the street. "So why can't you get pregnant? Because do you know how badly I've been waiting to start a family with you? Do you know how heart broken I was when we lost our first baby? I was devastated Lucy. You can't not be able to have kids." He rambled.

"Ashton, it's not that I can't have kids, there's just a good chance that I can't."

"Why Lucy? Answer that question please. You keep avoiding it."

"Because, when you have chemo it kills off like ninety something percent of your eggs, and it keeps you from re fertilizing. So the little percentage I have left, it will be hard to get pregnant. That's all." I sighed. Ashton followed in suit with a long, depicting sigh. The worst thing I've ever heard come from his mouth. He just sounds disgusted with me now.