Chapter 5;

"Is he a good guy?" Shane wondered.

"He's so adorable! And he got her flowers! And they kissed! And I wish that would happen to me!" Brynn whined.

"Okay guys, shut up. Yes he's a good guy. He's a great guy. And he's really sweet, and he has gorgeous green eyes, and wait.. Why do you even care?" I wondered.

"I just don't want you to get hurt! I mean, your dad isn't really there so I feel like I have to protect you." He explained.

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm a big girl Shane." I uttered.

"I'm not saying that you aren't. I'm just looking out for you." He nodded.

"Well, I appreciate it." I smiled.

"Good." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the cash register to serve the awaiting customer.

Brynn, Shane, and I work together at a music shop. Shane's the owner and he's pretty laid back so we play our music and we have a lot of fun actually.

Shane's only like twenty three. And I've been working here since I was sixteen. But whatever.

After I helped the customer, I went back to our little talk circle.

Just as Brynn was going to say something, my phone went off.

I pulled it out and checked it real quick.

The text was from Ashton and it said,

"Hey, are you and Brynn busy? Luke and I were wondering if you guys wanted to do something? xx"

I felt my cheeks get warm.

"Hey Brynn, will you walk over here with me, it's urgent." I blushed.

She have me a curious look, but walked over to the CD rack with me.

"Okay, so Ashton just texted me and asked if me and you could go do something with him and Luke. So I was thinking we could ask for our break early sense this place is dead anyway." I explained by game plan.

"Uhm, yea. I think that should be fine." She uttered, lost for words really.

"Alright, I'll be right back. Just stay here." I mumbled taking off towards Shane.

"Hey Shane, I was wondering sense this place is dead, if Brynn and I could take our break early?" I hopped.

"Uhm, why?" He questioned.

"Ashton wants to hang out..." I carried on.

"And Brynn?"

"Ashton's friend wants to see her.." I uttered.

"I guess. Yea, go ahead. Actually, just take the rest of today off. I'm thinking about closing the shop early." He explained.

"Yay! Thank you soo much!" I cheered excitedly attacking him in a hug.

He hugged me back and laughed at my reaction.

"No problem. But remember, work doesn't start until five tomorrow." He nodded.

"Alright, I'll be here." I chirped.

"See you guys later!" He shouted as Brynn and I ran out of the store.

We walked the rest of the way to by car and climbed in.

"Let me text Ashton real quick and tell him we can hang out." I rambled.

"Of course, but we're going back to my house first right?" She wondered.

"Duh. We look like crap right now." I chuckled.