Chapter 37.

I'm done with everything. No more chemo, no more radiation. All I have left are check ups every three to six months.

It's April twenty third. Mine and Ashton's one year. I have a Dr's appointment at two, which I'm getting ready for right now.

My hair has grown back about two inches. I'm taking potassium pills to speed it up.

-

"Miss. Baker, I have wonderful news for you." Dr. James smiled fondly. I only smiled in return for him to fill me in with the details.

"You're results came back. You're in remission. No more cancer!" He cheered gleefully.

I couldn't help or feel the tears that poured down my cheeks. I jumped off the bed and ran over to my mum and Ashton, bringing them in for a group hug. As my mom and I sobbed, Ashton's face couldn't stop glowing. He had a smile that literally went from one ear to another. He was radiant.

As for me, I had mascara down my cheeks, staining my white t shirt.

"This is great, we have to celebrate!" My mom yelled loud enough for everyone in the hospital to hear, and I don't blame her. We're all ecstatic.

-

I sent a tweet announcing the news. Ashton bought champagne.

"I have a surprise for you. Not only because you're in remission, but also because it's the greatest day. I made the best decision I ever could have in my lifetime exactly one year ago today. I love you Luce." He grinned, kissing me.

"I love you more. Honestly. I can't even ask for anyone better than you. You've been there with me through all this shit the last few months. You've helped me with so much, and on the days I was weak and didn't wanna do anything, you encouraged me to keep going, and that it'll be over soon. And now it is, and I'm about to cry, because I can't even thank you enough for being as amazing as you are. I've never had anyone in my life like you. You're my backbone, my rock, my everything, and I honestly would be lost without you. You're my everything." I let the words pour from my mouth like a waterfall.

I watch his eyes change emotions, between happy, sad, and brave.

"I don't have anything to say Lucy. You've outspoke me this time." He smiled defeated, kissing me again.

-

"My best friend is cancer free!" Brynn shouted walking through the front door with the crew.

"Congratulations!" Michael shouted engulfing me with his arms. I was suffocated by his chest, but I wasn't complaining. This is the first time in a while I've been able to have a strong hug without everything hurting.

"Thank you!" I chirped with a smile plastered on my face.

"You're a warrior!" Calum yellped. I chuckled and gave him a hug too.

Laurell just politely smiled and me and said congratulations the sat with Michael.

"What ever happened to Kandy?" Ashton butted in.

"She wasn't the one." Calum shrugged.

We all nodded and went on with ourselves. I felt a little shitty because Luke didn't say anything. I'm cancer free though, so nothing can ruin my mood.

-

"Lucy!" Luke yelled. I got out of my seat and walked over to Luke. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything earlier. I didn't know what to say. I didn't wanna be cliche or anything, I mean, you're like my sister. You're my girlfriends best friend. Of course I'm happy you're cancer free. I'm beyond happy. You don't even get it. I'm just glad you're okay, I knew you would be." He nodded with a smile, standing up to hug me.

"Thank you Luke. I needed that." I beamed, wiping the tear in the corner of my eye.

-

"You ready?" Ashton tsked, knocking lightly on my door.

"Yea, you can come in."

"You're so fucking beautiful Lucy." He said breathlessly.

"Thank you." I chirped. I had on just a simple red dress that that was strapless and went right above my knees. I had on black sandals and mascara. That's all.

"I think you're gonna love where we're going." He perked.

"I don't care where we go, I'll love it no matter what." I nodded.

"We can't forget the champagne." He uttered.

-

"Ashton this is beautiful!" I glistened.

"I figured you would like it." He smirked.

I walked into the run down barn, hay bales everywhere. White Christmas lights lighting up the area. A picnic blanket lied out in the middle of it all with a picnic basket and flowers.

"Stop being so romantic." I giggled

"I'll think about it." He shrugged.

We sat down on the picnic blanket. Ashton opened the basket and handed me a ham and cheese sandwich and a small bag of doritos. He grabbed the same for himself.

"Thank you for the delightly sandwich." I snickered jokingly.

"No problem babe. Anything for you." He chuckled.

"Happy one year and cancer free day." I beamed.

"Happy one year and cancer free day!" He cheered pouring the champagne into to plastic cups.

"Classy." I grinned. He shrugged, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Cheers!" And we clinked our plastic cups together.

-

"Fuck, Ashton! It's been way to long." I groaned as Ashton thrusted into me.

"I know babe, I'm gonna make you so happy." He panted.

The room was quiet aside from our muffled moans and groans. It's been far to long since Ashton and I have had sex. This is almost a foreign feeling to me.

"Go faster babe." I begged.

"Anything for you." He said breathlessly, picking up his pace.

"Shit, I'm about to cum." I moaned.

"Me too."

After about two minutes we came undone with each other, in each other, for the first time in over three months.

I've definitely missed this.

-

-

-

- sorry it's not very long, but I had time on my way to Chicago today to update. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! So much happiness. I love you guys! And sorry I've been so distant I suppose you could say, I've just been crazy busy with school, and it's all crazy. But thank you to everyone still reading, love youuuu ❤