Chapter 30;

-Ashton's POV-

"I don't even know what to do Luke." I groaned.

"What do you normally do?" He tsked.

"I don't know. I've never had a Valentine before." I sighed.

"What about Chelsea?"

"That's different."

"Not really. You still had to buy her shit." He shrugged.

"Yea. But I didn't love her." I exasperated.

"I don't know."

"Well what the fuck are you doing for Brynn?" I muttered.

"I can't tell you. You'll steal my shit." He chuckled.

"You're an ass." I spat. I stalked out of his house and got in my car.

What the fuck am I supposed to do?

I fucking bought Chelsea a god damn teddy bear and some chocolates. But this is Lucy. The love of my life. What the hell do I get her?

I drove aimlessly around until I came across this small antique shop. I remember Lucy telling me she loved shopping here. Maybe I can find something perfect for her.

I entered the shop taking in my surroundings. Lucy always liked old fashioned things way better than anything in present day. I can see why though. This stuff is fascinating.

"Can I help you?" A lady, probably a couple years older than me, asked, slowly approaching me.

"I'm just looking for something for my girlfriend." I mumbled.

"For Valentine's day?" She tsked.

"Yea. She's really special to me and she shops here a lot." I nodded.

"What's her name?" She smiled politely.

"Lucy. Baker." I added.

"Oh, I looove Lucy!" She chirped.

"Good, so you know what she's into?" I spouted.

"Follow me." She smirked.

I followed her to a small glass case towards the front of the shop. There was a ton of vintage jewelry displayed in there. Jewelry I know she'd love.

"You said she was really important to you?" She murmured.

"She's my everything." I nodded.

"How long have you been together?" She pondered.

"Nine months." I said softly.

"Then I suggest these." She paraded the ring case.

"You want me to, propose?" I gaped.

"No no no! These, are promise rings." She cleared up.

"Is there a difference?"

"Eh, kind of. With a promise ring, you're promising to love her unconditionally. With an engagement ring, you're promising to love her unconditionally for the rest of your life." She explained.

"I see." I muffled.

"Just look over them and let me know." She nodded and walked off the assist the waiting costumer.

Am I ready for this type of commitment. At nineteen? I love Lucy more than life itself. I've put her through some shit, and I want to prove that I can be that man she needs, while being the person she fell in love with.

I guess a promise ring is the best way to exploit that.

I looked over the different types. I've only got two hundred bucks on me so hopefully I find one I know she'll love, in my budget. Or maybe because this chick loves Lucy, I might get some sort of discount.