Chapter 35;

Ashton's POV

Lucy thought I was asleep. I mean, granted I was definitely not fully awake either.

But I heard her.

I heard her tell me she has cancer. Brest cancer. Just like her grandmother. Who passed away from it. She fought and fought, and still passed away.

Lucy told me she was going to be okay. So it can't be good.

I don't think she noticed, but I cried that night. Our last night in Paris, and she tells me she has breast cancer.

"Goodmorning." She half smiled. She must be thinking about it.

"Goodmorning baby." I smiled, and kissed her forehead.

"I love you."

"And I love you." She nodded, nuzzling into my neck.

We went downstairs to feast on the free breakfast they provided.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Fine. How are you?" She softly laughed.

"I'm alright." I shrugged.

"We should probably start packing." She uttered, throwing away the remains of her food.

~

Lucy's POV

"Lucy, I know." Ashton whispered to me on the plane.

"What are you talking about?" I wondered, utterly confused.

"I heard you last night. How bad is it?" He asked.

Then it hit me. He was awake when I told him about my cancer.

"Stage two." I nodded, wiping away the tears forming in my eyes. "But I'll be fine. I swear."

"Is that why you had a miscarriage?" He blatantly asked.

I shrugged because I honestly didn't know. He nodded and then it was quiet for a few minutes.

"I'm going to be there Lucy. I don't care what happens. We could be broken up and I still want to be at every single radiation treatment and whatever else you need me to be there for. I will be there. I hope you know that." He rambled.

"I do." I confirmed.

~

We landed and we were back at Ashton's house now. I had called my mother to let her know that we were back, and that I would be back later. I had also let Brynn know that I was back. And now she's at Ashton's house with Luke. Ashton and I were having a hard ass time keeping our eyes open. Jetlag man, it's catches up to you. Quick.

"So, how was Italy?" Brynn tsked.

"It was very.. Italian." Ashton said sarcastically.

"Alright smartass." She said, flipping him off.

"Hey, you asked and I answered." He shrugged.

"Anyway, did you have fun?" She asked.

"Of course." I nodded. "Can I actually talk to you." I uttered.

She nodded and followed me into Ashton's bedroom.

"So." I started.

"So." She uttered, settling against the wall.

"I uhm, well, I have cancer." I spit out.

"Holy shit. No you don't." She said shaking her head.

"Yea I do. Stage two breast cancer. I need twenty treatments of radiation and chemo. I'm going to be bald and very sick." I explained with a heavy sigh.