Chapter 10;

*One week later*

I was out shopping. Alone. But that's alright. I needed to clear my head anyway.

I scan the racks for something nice to wear for the date Ashton has planned for me.

He asked me the day after Brynn found out about her brother.

I think it's fair to say she's still pretty shocked.

I look around at some of the dresses, liking the majority of them.

This one dress displayed on a manikin caught my eye though.

I scurried over to it. It was perfect.

It was a turquoise high low dress with a lace top separated by a thin black belt. I had to get it. So, I did.

~~~~~~~~~~

*2 days later*

-Thursday-

"Ashton, please stop." I groaned, hugging the arm of the couch.

He placed one last sloppy kiss to my neck.

I loosened my grip from the couch and fixed my attention on the TV, not making eye contact with Ashton once.

After a few moments of silence, Ashton reached over, grabbed my hand, and laced our fingers together.

This didn't phase me, I just continued to watch TV.

"Babe, please look at me." He pleaded.

I looked over at him straight faced.

Then he made this really nasty face, making it look as if he were constipated.

What the hell is this freak doing?

I thought to myself, laughing aloud.

"I got you to smile!" He cheered, thrilled with the idea. I went straight faced again.

"Yea, it's not that hard. I laugh at everything." I shrugged, looking back at the TV.

"Baaaabe, come on." He sighed.

"I don't know what you want from me." I say honestly, still keeping my focus off of him.

"I want you to actually look at me." He uttered.

The agony was over. I gave in. I looked over at him, quickly pressing my lips to his as forceful as possible.

He refrained from it at first, but quickly recognized it, and kissed me back.

I pulled away for a breath, giggling at my sudden outburst.

"Whoa." Ash laughed.

I rolled my eyes, cuddling into his side. He wrapped a secure arm around me giving me a slight squeeze.

"I thought you were mad at me." He he said frantically, kissing the top of my head.

"No, I could never be mad at you unless you gave me a reason to be. I was just seeing how long the both of us could last in an awkward situation, cause I'm sure there will be plenty." I chuckled, kissing the side of his chest.

"Eh, probably not." He huffed a laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you know the date?" Ashton asked out of the blue.

I pulled out my phone and checked.

"It's May fourth." I uttered, sliding my phone back in my pocket.

"Two more days." He smiled

"Until our date." I smirked.

He nodded, coming up from behind and wrapping his arms around my waist.