Chapter 32;

I felt as my entire world crumbled in my hands. I felt the burning hot tears roll down my face, and everything went blurry. I managed to blink most of my tears away to focus on Ashton. He was in the same fuzzy state that I was.

I hadn't realized I would feel this way. I never really put a whole lot of thought into me having a child, even though I was pregnant, but now that it's gone, I just feel lost. Empty.

"Is there anyway to find out how this happened?" I choked through my tears.

"There's multiples things that could've made this happen. Do you work somewhere with high levels of radiation or toxic agents?" He questioned.

I wiped the tears from my cheeks, but that didn't stop them from falling.

"What are toxic agents?" I wondered.

"Well, for example, if you're somewhere that's too hot, or too cold, that's to much for your body, a barely living creature surely wouldn't be able to withhold." He murmured.

"Oh no, nothing like that. I mean, I got in a huge argument today with my boss, and then I went to my boyfriends house, and he told me that I was bleeding. Is there anyway it could've been from being stressed out?" I tsked.

"There's no proof that that causes miscarriages, but it's a possibility. Especially at your age and with your hormones, going through all these changes. You're in Uni right?" He asked.

"No, I start in April." I nodded.

"Well other causes can be as simple as birth defects, hormonal problems, a uterine infection, an incompetent cervix, which I don't think it is because you're too early, and a few others things that I'm positive aren't the problem." He mumbled.

"Well, okay. So what do you think it is?" Ashton blurted.

"I honestly believe it's just your hormones because you're going through so much change."

"So can we leave?" I sighed, wiping my tears again.

"I suppose. I just would like you to come back for a follow up appointment in about a wee or so, I'll get it set up with your doctor." He smiled. "I'm sorry for your loss." He said in a much settler voice.

"Yea, thanks I guess." I tried to give him a smile, but it faltered before I could.

After I got redressed, using the clothes in my car, we headed back to Ashton's. The car ride there was an uncomfortable silence.

"How are you feeling?" Ash wondered as we walked up to his house.

"I've been better." I mumbled.

"Come on Luce, don't shut me out. Please?" He practically begged. I can't help but love him. He's so wonderful.

"I'm not trying to. I just wanna leave." I sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I've just been dealing with a lot, at work, at home, my mum and Brad are getting married, my brother is going back to my aunts, and me and Brynn are drifting apart, and now I lost our baby because of my fucking hormones, and I just wanna leave, and go somewhere to relieve the stress. I'm so stressed out Ashton." I was sobbing by the end of my answer.

"Come here Lucy. It's okay, we can go wherever you want. We can leave and never come back if that's what you really want. I just want you to be happy. I love you." He mumbled against the top of my head after engulfing me in his arms.

"I don't wanna leave my life, I just wanna take a break from it. I'm eighteen. I shouldn't feel like this." I sniffled.

"It's okay. Let me go inside, pack a bag, and we can go wherever." He's so understanding, and comforting, another reason I can't help but love him.

"Can we take a nap first?" I asked quietly.

"Of course we can." He said, kissing the top of my head. Then he brought my face between both of his hands, and closing the space, filling every cell in my body with hope and excitement for a better life with him.

"I love you." My mouth blurted.

"I love you too." He said with a cheeky grin.

*

-Brynn's POV-

"Shane, don't go after her. She clearly doesn't want to be followed." I uttered.

"She just doesn't understand, that I'm so much better for her than he'll ever be." He groaned.

"No offense, but I think he is. He's helped her through so much, and you've just been in the side lines holding the poster no one notices." I shrugged.

"Thanks Brynn. That really helped. I guess you can leave." He sighed, gesturing to the door.

"Uh, alright." I said running my hand through my rough hair. I guess I'll shower when I get home.

I turned on the radio in my car as soon as I pulled out of my spot.

Shane is in love with Lucy. I mean, I could've told her that. The way he's always looking at her, and smiling when she drops a CD and curses. When she rings up the customers items and totals it wrong. A normal boss would be pissed by her messing up, but in a strange way he adores it.

I heard my phone blasting in my pocket, so I pulled it out and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Brynn, have you been able to get ahold of Lucy, I've been trying to since she left, and she's not answering." Lucy's mum freaked out.

"No, I haven't tried getting ahold of her since she stormed out of here." I uttered.

"Can you try and call her for me?" She scurried.

"Yea, of course."

I hung up the phone and dialed Lucy's number really quick. She didn't answer, so I tried again. And again. With no luck after six times, I called her mum back.

"She didn't answer." I spoke abruptly.

"Shit, I'm sorry, I meant crap. Maybe, she's doing something. Call me if she calls you."

"Yea, for sure."

*

-Ashton's POV-

"Babe, your mum and Brynn have been trying to call you." I informed her.

"Whatever, I'll call them later." She yawned. She's such a beautiful creature. The way she smiles. The way she giggles. The way she stretches. The way she yawns. Hell, she's even beautiful when she burps.

"Okay. So, have you decided where you wanna go?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I don't know. I wanna go somewhere, I've never been." She chirped.

"Like where, you've been almost everywhere." I chuckled.

"No I haven't. I wanna go to Spain. Or England, or the Bahamas." She said full of joy.

"Let's go somewhere where I can understand the people." I joked.

"What's warm this time of year?"

"Well, it's the end of February, we can go to New Zealand." I shrugged.

"No. That's to close. I wanna go, hmm. I wanna go to Paris. Let's go to Disneyland Paris!" She shrieked.

"Let's. I'll book the hotel as soon as we get on the plane." I laughed.

"Are you ready?" She wondered.

"Yea, I packed my bag while you were asleep." I nodded.

"But, you fell asleep with me?" She said confused.

"I woke up before you." I smiled, trying so hard to hide my laugh.

"Shut up, stop laughing at me!" That's when I cracked up.

"I love you. Come one, let's go to Disneyland Paris my love." I smiled peckishly.

*