Chapter 2

My father finally spoke, his voice hard and cool "Who are you? I am not familiar with your scent."

The strange Alpha replied smoothly "We are just passing through. My name is Darrel. We're known as The Red Pack."

I didnt like the way his eyes shinned, or how.....evil they looked. I moved closer into my fathers side, but kept my shoulders straight as well as my neck.

The movement caused Darrel to look at me, and a slow smiled curved on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him for daring to look at me so openly.

"Is this your mate?" He said to my father, I couldn't help but feel a bit uncomfortable. Neither could my father because I felt him tense.

He replied tightly "This is my daughter, Akira" my father noticed Darrels smile widen and he growled low, causing his chest to rumble. My uncles moved closer, more protectively.

Darrel held his hands up "Forgive me, I just haven't seen such a beautiful female in a long time." He glanced at me again and I shivered.

My father turned down to me but kept his eyes on Darrel. "Akira, it's time for you to go inside. Now." I nodded, leaving his embrace and headed straight inside, i could feel Darrels eyes on my retreating figure but ignored the fear I felt.

I ran up to my room and peeked out my window, watching them. After a few more minutes, they left and my father signaled his men to close the gates.

I left the room to go to my father, to ask what happened. I had so many questions. I seen my father and called out "Father!" He turned and motioned for me to follow him.

Once we were in his study he sat and sighed "Ah my dear daughter." He strained out.

I could clearly see his stress, and fatigue. "Father. Who were they? What did they want?" I asked almost fearful of his reply.

I could see by the look on his face I would not enjoy or like the answer. "They are from the East. They.." his face hardened "they're looking for new blood. More females to keep their line going." He grabbed my hand "Listen to me carefully Akira. He has made his intentions on claiming you. He wants you as his mate."

I tried to pull my hand back, but my father wouldn't allow it. "No! You wouldn't give me to him, would you?"

He shook his head "I denied. But in doing so I have made it a challenge. He is a Alpha, and what Alphas want they take."

I shook my head in denial "You aren't like that Father."

He smiled at me tenderly "I was very much like that while I was younger, but old age has taught me to think before acting." His eyes saddened "I'm not as strong as I used to be daughter, so I need you to listen without interruptions." He paused and I nodded "he didn't say it out right, but I know wolves like him. He will fight me one way or the other."

I opened my mouth but he held his finger over my lips and shook his head as he continued.

"I will not be able to win. And because I know this..." he inhaled a deep breath "if anything ever happens to me. You are to go to the Night Pack. You run, and do not stop. Do you understand?"