Chapter 9

I looked around my new room and found it to be large, I walked to the bed and ran my hands over the comforter. "So soft" I muttered.

I sat down and bowed my head with a sigh, my fathers gone, I have my uncles but it still not the same, what will I do without him?

I heard a knock at the door "come in." I watched a older woman walk in with a tray.

"Alpha Blayne thought you might like a snack and some water after your trip." She said sweetly.

I blinked and swallowed, I hadn't realized how thirsty I was until now. I haven't thought of food since papa died, and now my stomach grumbled loudly and I blushed.

The older woman smiled "Eat, and drink. You'll feel better."

"Whats your name?" I asked politely.

"Edna. I am the healer of this pack." She replied.

"I'm Ak-" Edna interrupted, "I know who you are dear. Akira Jacobs." She smiled at me, but her eyes twinkled with some sort of knowing that I didn't understand.

I nodded, "o-oh. I see, well it's nice to meet you Edna. Do you know how long I'll be here?"

Edna looked at me for a long moment and then said "Well that depends dear."

Before I could even ask what it depended on she turned and left me, alone with my food. I looked at the tray and grabbed the water, downing it. Then turned to the fruit, it was exactly what I needed.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Blaynes POV:

Thomas finally walked into my study and sighed "I am happy she made it here. Thank god! I feared that the Red pack had her."

I nodded "seems her father told her to come to me if something happened to him. And that is what she did."

Thomas sighed "are you going to tell her, about you two I mean?"

I thought about that for a long while and shook my head "I will but not yet, I believe it will be to much for her. Ill let her get to know me first and go from there."