Chapter 4

The Night Pack....

Blayne was a fearsome Alpha, he had the strongest and largest pack of the country. Then came the Day pack, which is why Blayne and William (Day pack Alpha) had made their names in such a way, like Ying and Yang.

Blayne respected the way William ran his pack, and he had learned a few things from him. In a way, William was a father or sorts.

*********************************

Blaynes POV:

I walked with my Beta "everything is as it should be." My Beta said to me.

"Good. I heard a message from William that there is new wolves in the area. He warned me to watch our females."

My Beta, Thomas looked at me "They're looking for a new pack?"

I shook my head, "no William feels that they are out stealing females. Which is why our females arent allowed to leave unprotected."

Thomas nodded "yes, I see. What are we to do about them?"

I thought for a moment, thinking of my options. "We will wait. See if they move on by themselves."

Thomas nodded, agreeing with me. We walked patrolling the territory.

Thomas signaled me and I walked over to him

I stopped next to him "What?"

Thomas looked up at me frowning, "I believe them wolves have been here. You can smell their scent and the prints aren't one of ours."

I cursed looking down at the tracks, following them North "they're heading to Williams pack.."

Thomas stood "I have a bad feeling Blay."

I didn't reply but I did too, something wasn't right. But he didn't know what it was. "Send a few wolves to the Day pack, you go to. Alert William." He watched as Thomas disappeared.

**********************************

Thomas's POV:

I took only a day to get to The Day Pack from my  own. But I immediately knew something was wrong. I walked to the gates and looked up at the guard, "let me in, I am here by Alpha of the Night packs order."

Nigel seen me and ordered the guard to open the gates, not hesitating to meet me. "Thomas.. its good to see you!"

I looked around, not seeing William. "I must speak to William."

Nigels eyes shadowed in grief. "My brother was murdered, a few nights back." He choked out.

I stood motionless "What do you mean?" I looked around again "was it the new wolves?"

Nigel nodded "their Alpha killed him."

I replied firmly "Tell me from the beginning." Nigel led me to sit down.

"They came about two weeks ago. Their pack named themselves The Red pack, the Alpha was at first just saying they was passing through. But Akira returned, and.." Nigel paused

I sat forward then looked around, I noticed suddenly that I hadnt seen Akira. And, it was unlike her to miss meeting me. "He seen her and what?" I asked impatiently.

Nigel grounded out "he told her father he wanted to claim her! Of course William denied, but he made it quite clear he would have her." He sighed shakily "days, and days passed without incident, and I caught Akira walking outside. We had doubled the guards so I thought no harm would come of it. I went in as William was looking for her, I let him know where I'd seen her and he took off." His eyes shunned with unshed tears "next I knew I heard my niece scream, by time we got there...William was gone, we tried to pull her off him... but she stayed there, and then she went upstairs.." Nigel shook his head, knowing Blayne would be devistated over his friends death.

"I need to speak with Akira." I said, feeling the earlier negativity returning.

Nigels face seemed to now show more grief and his tears unchecked as they slide down his cheeks "She's gone! We don't know where she is, but we haven't stopped searching. The Red pack has moved on and we've lost their scent."

I stood quickly "She's gone?!" Ohh Blayne was definitely not going to like this! "I have to return to inform Blayne. Keep the pack safe" Nigel nodded and I left.