Chapter 39

Blayne walked me out into the forest, it seemed like miles of walking but we spent it talking and it seemed to pass much quicker.

He suddenly stopped and turned to me smiling "close your eyes Akira"

I looked at him a bit suspiciously but did as he asked and he took my hands leading me forward, until he had me stopped. I felt the loss of his warmth when his hands left mine.

I could hear his breathing and his heart so I knew he was still with me "open your eyes" I heard his whisper.

I opened my eyes and they widened automatically, the scene before me was so beautiful and romantic my throat tightened with tears of joy.

He had a blanket laid out, with a single candle, the moon was full so it laminated over our spot near the pond. The reflection was breathtaking.

I turned to him with the biggest grin I could manage throwing my arms around him, I kissed him hard it didn't take him but a split second to respond his arms snaking around my waist pulling me tightly against his hard body.I pulled away slowly so that we could catch out breath.

His eyes were clouded with desire and I'm sure mine reflected his, but neither of us acted on it. He grabbed my hand and led me to the blanket. "I.... I needed to do this for you, I hope you like it..." he said nervously.

I leaned over and kissed him lightly on the lips "I love it Blay!" I said brightly.

He sighed in relief and handed me a glass of wine, I wasn't much of a alcoholic person but it was a beautiful occasion so I took it and sipped a very small amount. I heard some people believe a glass of red wine won't hurt a baby, but I wasn't about to drink a full cup.

"I love you Akira.. I wanted to show you and to tell you how much I appreciate you as my mate, and as my friend... I know we may fight"

I went to speak but he continued anyways, cutting me off.

"But I'm sure we will be able to over come that together. You make me strong, and I feel so, so invincible when your near me. Its so crazy, I would have never thought a mate could change someone so much but you did babe. I love you, I'd die for you and I'd do anything to keep you from being hurt or harmed...."

He sighed sadly...

"I feel like I let you down... I should have known what was going on in my territory... I should have been able to protect you from all you had to go through...I... I am so sorry Akira..."