Chapter 3

I nodded slowly, and I blinked back the tears that threatened to come.

"Once there, ask for Blayne. He is the Alpha and a very good friend." He wiped the tears away from my cheeks. "Ahh, my baby. Do not cry. I have lived a full, blessed life." He smiled sadly "I have had you all these years, you will soon be twenty-five." He said in disbelief "I remember when you were a small girl running after me yelling 'papa, papa' and in my heart you are still that little girl. I love you Akira. Never forget."

I threw my arms around him, and hugged him tightly crying my heart out. After what seemed like hours my tears dried up and my father wiped them away.

"Go rest now baby. It has been a long day." Her father nudged me so I left returning to my room.

I at first had a difficult time sleeping, but after thinking about all that my father said I passed out.

A few weeks passed, everything went as it usually went, we had more guards but otherwise it was normal days.

On one night I laid in bed unable to sleep, so I decided to go for a walk around the house grounds. I seen the guards spot me and I waved, my uncle Nigel seen me and stopped me.

"Its late Akira. You should be in bed." He said sternly but his eyes said he was teasing.

"I need a walk to clear my head." I smiled "I won't stay out long, I promise."

He smiled and shook his head, leaning to kiss me on the forehead "Not long, I'll hold you to your promise." I nodded and he walked back inside.

Continuing my walk I noticed that guards weren't on this side as they should be. I stopped and looked around, deciding I would tell my father I turned to head back to the house but stood frozen when I seen Darrel.

Darrel grinned at me "Lovely Akira. Your out late."

I narrowed my eyes to hide the fear that coursed through me. "I needed a walk. I was just returning. Please step aside." Thankful my voice didn't waver.

Darrel shook his head "I have come for you, my dear. I think it would be best to come with me." He said in a chilling way that made my hair stand on the back of my neck.

"I think not." I started to move widely around him but he blocked my path, I debated on screaming for help but he seemed to know what I was thinking.

"I would not suggest drawing attention so us."

I stood frozen it seemed to happen in slow motion, one second Darrel was staring at me with determination and the next he had a wolf on his back, jaws snapping. Finally I found my voice as Darrel shifted "PAPA!!!" I screamed.

I stared not knowing how to help as the two wolves ripped at each other. My scream had got the guards attention and I backed away as they rolled and moved my way. I didn't want my leg chewed on.

It seemed to go on forever, but when it was over and the guards chased Darrel off my father stayed down. I ran over crying grabbing him and shaking him "please wake up, please wake up!"

I pushed the hands of my uncle away when they tried to move me away from my father and laid there crying. Begging him to wake up. When it hit me, papa had asked me, no told me that I needed to go to the Night pack. And that's what I'd did.