Chapter 21: Painful Soccer

Heya everyone!

So before the start of this chapter, I'd just like to explain something. In this version of soccer, there is no appointed goalie. Instead, all the players on each team must work together to protect their goal.

Anyways, let's get on with the story.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Normal POV~

Natsu started out with the ball. He sprinted across the field towards the opponents goal, ignoring Evyn who was running alongside him.

Before he knew it, Natsu was surrounded by the opposing teams forwards and midfielders. There wasn't a place to fake and get out of the situation.

Natsu glanced over at Evyn, who was waving in the dragon slayer's direction. No matter how much he hated Evyn, he would have to trust him for the game.

Reluctantly, Natsu passed the ball to Evyn, who stopped it swiftly, and started to sprint down the field, with Erza and Gray trailing behind him.

As Evyn reached the goal, he was surrounded by the defense. He searched for an opening to shoot but found none.

"PASS!" Natsu yelled at him.

Evyn swiftly kicked the ball towards Natsu, who didn't stop it, but rather shot it towards the goal line and scored.

They could hear their teams pleasant cheers in the distance.

Natsu ran over to his teammate.

"Not bad for a dense dragon slayer." Evyn grinned.

"I guess you aren't a complete idiotic jerk," Natsu replied.

"Gee, thanks."

They both burst into laughter like they had known each other since childhood.

However, their laughter came to a halt when they felt a demonic presence lurking near them.

The two turned around to see an enraged Erza. That was never good...
-----------------------------------------------------

This time, Erza started out with the ball. She had a horrifying aura surrounding her as she sprinted down the field, dodging the forwards and midfielders in her way.

However, when she got close enough for a secure shot, she was surrounded by the defense and midfielders.

The red-head searched around for someone to pass to, and as she did, she spotted blue hair in the distance. Erza smiled.

Without looking, she kicked the ball through Levy's legs which made its way to Jellal.

No one had seen him coming, and no one had suspected for Erza to actually pass the ball.

She wasn't called "Titania" for nothing.

Because no one was guarding Jellal, he easily shot the ball, and scored.

As if on instinct, Erza ran up and jumped into Jellal's arms, giving him a bone-crushing hug.

"C-Can't br-eathe," Jellal stuttered.

Erza realized what she was doing, and let go of him almost immediately

"Sorry," She muttered.

"It's alright." Jellal managed to give her a small smile. The two of them were blushing furiously.

The game was now tied. Whichever team got two more goals would win.
-----------------------------------------------------

~Juvia's POV~